I need some serious counseling. HELP ME!

markzab

Sep 6, 2005
Philadelphia, PA.
I'm in a really messed up place right now. I hate the Rangers. I've been bread to hate them. I'll always hate them...But my appreciation for the game itself and my appreciation for skilled players from all teams has me all screwed up. I hate the Rangers, but I love Lundqvist. The goalie has always been my favorite position in the game, and aside from Luongo, Lundqvist has always garnered the highest amount of respect from me. I don't know what to do? I need counseling. A few games back, when the Rangers scored, I yelled out in celebration! I was shocked, disturbed...petrified. What's...happening...to...me?! Damn you, Rangers...but...but...Go Lundqvist!

Signed, A die hard Flyers fan. :help:

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
I don't even hate them anymore. It's because our series with them was stale. The emotion between us has gone. I hope the rivalry bigs up again, I enjoy games so much more when I have an unrelenting hatred for the opponent.

Now the Pens on the other hand... I will always hate those ****ers.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia
I'm a fan of his as well so I know where you're coming from. It's the silver lining of them winning it IMO. I still won't root for them (favorite former Flyer trumps favorite non-Flyer) but it's a positive to take out of the situation I guess.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
I'm in a really messed up place right now. I hate the Rangers. I've been bread to hate them. I'll always hate them...But my appreciation for the game itself and my appreciation for skilled players from all teams has me all screwed up. I hate the Rangers, but I love Lundqvist. The goalie has always been my favorite position in the game, and aside from Luongo, Lundqvist has always garnered the highest amount of respect from me. I don't know what to do? I need counseling. A few games back, when the Rangers scored, I yelled out in celebration! I was shocked, disturbed...petrified. What's...happening...to...me?! Damn you, Rangers...but...but...Go Lundqvist!

As much as I hate Jeff Carter and P. Kane, I could never cheer on the rags (except when they play the Pens). The only time it is acceptable to cheer on a division rival, is when they are playing a more hated division rival (in my opinion).

Hope the Rags get swept and Lundqvist tears an ACL

Signed,

An immature, die hard Flyers fan

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I never really held much animosity towards the Rangers because they really weren't any good for the majority of my life up until these last few years.

It was the Devils as our most heated rival mostly growing up now the Pens flip flopped with them recently into the #1 spot.

I could really never build up a good reason to hate them other than being from New York & in the same division. Hell I even liked their team during the early 2000's because it featured three of my most favorite players ever in Lindros, Bure, & Leetch.

I'm not saying I'll actively root for them but honestly I couldn't give a flying **** if they win the cup.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
As much as I hate Jeff Carter and P. Kane, I could never cheer on the rags (except when they play the Pens). The only time it is acceptable to cheer on a division rival, is when they are playing a more hated division rival (in my opinion).

Hope the Rags get swept and Lundqvist tears an ACL

Signed,

An immature, die hard Flyers fan
this has turned into an all around crud situation.

However, there is no way I can root for the Kings to win again.

tuckrr

Nov 28, 2008
This is why the Kings are my west coast team. Gives me something to root for after 10pm EDT
Kopitar
Quick
Richards
Doughty
Carter

And now Gaborik!

Also Sutter/Stevens.

**** the Rags, Quick > Lundqvist

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

I feel your pain. Rangers, Celtics, Giants, Mets... I grew up hating those teams.

But now I actually find myself kind of sort of rooting for the Rangers. I think I will probably be rooting for them to win the Cup and I don't know how I'll live with myself afterwards. Lundquist is one reason, I think he "deserves" a Cup. AV is another, I like him. I would never have felt this way when Torts was coaching, but now the Rangers are almost likeable.

PantherStriker

Jul 31, 2010
I find that I'm enjoying watching American hockey players more and more, and Stepan, Kreider, McDonagh, and Girardi are all slowly working their way into players I really like. I'm so torn. They're tearing down my wall of hate towards the Rags :shakehead

Reaper1097

Jun 22, 2011
I know I need help too... It is going on 7 years ago but I still get mad that Patrick Kane is not a flyer. One time in the almost 50 year history of the franchise the flyers finish with worst record and they don't win the dman draft lottery. Everytime he scores a big goal in a big game I think what could've been and I can't stop...

I guess it hurrs a little more too because the flyers ended up with Luke schenn (via JVR) instead of Kane. That is just not fair

klank17

May 31, 2014
You are not alone. I am in the same dark place but I am going to try to take the high road.

I hope that it is a great 7 game series, shows a slew of new people what a great sport hockey is and that, at no fault of Lundqvist, that the rangers lose in the most heart-breaking manner possible.

Hey . . . I said I was going to "try" to take the high road. It is still a work in progress.

ilovetheflyers8

Jan 26, 2009
D.C.
It's all going to be okay.

;)

Since I've only been following the Flyers since '07 I don't have a strong dislike for any of the teams other than the Pens. I don't like the Rags or Jersey but I'm not that bothered by them. I liked Avery and Callahan when they were on the Rangers, and for no real reason I like Aasen, and I also like Lundqvist.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
I hope they win, just because I think Hank deserves it. And I don't wanna see the Kings win again, especially after the whole THE EASTERN CONFERENCE BELONG IN THE AHL tiresome season.

moosehead81

Jan 7, 2012
Great White North
I know I need help too... It is going on 7 years ago but I still get mad that Patrick Kane is not a flyer. One time in the almost 50 year history of the franchise the flyers finish with worst record and they don't win the dman draft lottery. Everytime he scores a big goal in a big game I think what could've been and I can't stop...

I guess it hurrs a little more too because the flyers ended up with Luke schenn (via JVR) instead of Kane. That is just not fair

If the Flyers had lucked out and got Kane, they probably would have already traded him for a bag of pucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad