Confirmed with Link: I like y'all: a thread we can like

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Why is dealing with banking issues always such a pain in the ass? My employer decided to start using Zelle. My bank doesn't support Zelle, so in order to receive my paycheck, I need to contact Zelle support and register with them.

Part 1 - Annoying automated message where you're basically waiting until they tell you what number to press in order to talk to an actual person.

Part 2 - First line defenses. Basically some outsourced call center that's only there to give you a case number and transfer you to the people who can actually help you.

Part 3 - On Hold. For half an hour. With music that pauses every 30 seconds, just to keep you on your toes that someone is finally on the other line.

Part 4 - Finally get in contact with someone who has a clue, explain my situation, and he tells he's set me up, but give it 15 minutes for the system to sort itself out.

Part 5 - An hour later, I'm still locked out of my account, so I'm forced to repeat parts 1-3 all over again. Part 4 is different, only because I'm able to access my account now, but still get an error message that pops up.

Decided not to try for a 3rd go around today and just assume the error doesn't mean anything.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Why is dealing with banking issues always such a pain in the ass? My employer decided to start using Zelle. My bank doesn't support Zelle, so in order to receive my paycheck, I need to contact Zelle support and register with them.

Part 1 - Annoying automated message where you're basically waiting until they tell you what number to press in order to talk to an actual person.

Part 2 - First line defenses. Basically some outsourced call center that's only there to give you a case number and transfer you to the people who can actually help you.

Part 3 - On Hold. For half an hour. With music that pauses every 30 seconds, just to keep you on your toes that someone is finally on the other line.

Part 4 - Finally get in contact with someone who has a clue, explain my situation, and he tells he's set me up, but give it 15 minutes for the system to sort itself out.

Part 5 - An hour later, I'm still locked out of my account, so I'm forced to repeat parts 1-3 all over again. Part 4 is different, only because I'm able to access my account now, but still get an error message that pops up.

Decided not to try for a 3rd go around today and just assume the error doesn't mean anything.
Time to start getting paid in cash.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I have let myself be told that with the automated answerers the only winning game is not to play: if you don't press a number, the call is directed to a human.

Also always call to the number they give for placing new orders; those answer quickly.

Though probably everyone is doing this by now and they have countered it already.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Are there some Finnish people that want to go to the gold standard?
Haven't been since 1931, and the word that is the official Finnish translation for 'gold standard' is used only secondarily to mean the gold standard, and is primarily used in sports reporting for the pitiful pipe dream of hopefully winning something again any day now, or, "returning to the gold standard/base".

So I guess I have to go with a 'no'.

Some would like to have Markka back though, because of the Euro* system.

(* Not Euric

220px-Goldfinger_by_Gert_Fröbe.jpg
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad