Confirmed with Link: I like y'all: a thread we can like

Status
Not open for further replies.

StiffSquid

Nov 17, 2016
North Carolina
Really? You lock our signature thread, our very soul if we had one, and start this abomination? The hubris, the chutzpah. This must be how the Baltic states felt when the Soviets "liberated" them. All I can say is no, I do not like, and I will see you in a bojangles parking lot.
Supremes or three piece dinner? Boberry Bisquit or Cinnamon Twist? A lot depends on this

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Really? You lock our signature thread, our very soul if we had one, and start this abomination? The hubris, the chutzpah. This must be how the Baltic states felt when the Soviets "liberated" them. All I can say is no, I do not like, and I will see you in a bojangles parking lot.

He hates Toronto now because of Tavares, so he loves Sabers. See how this is not Confirmed With Link.

Nice abuse of authority, punk, but Sabers still suck.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
It should help some. Also in my experience super long threads tend to stray far from the original topic.

If you came to our board to make this change because of a collective decision by the mods to improve performance conclusively, and all other similarly long threads have been similarly locked, and you happened to be the janitor on duty, okay, I'm with you. I still think you should have asked @DaveG or one of our hometown mods to do it, but fine.

If, on the other hand, you came to our board because, in your opinion, our beloved long off-topic thread was too long and off-topic, then I would definitely and respectfully ask why you thought it was your place to do this, instead of leaving it to our hometown mods.

In short: if shit ain't on fire, any chance you could leave the modding to the hometown mods? Thanks.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I don’t know much about site management, but wouldn’t having multiple 1k topics put more of a strain on the site than having one very big topic? Especially if they archive the topics?

I mean, take the Simpsons topic on the Entertainment board. Before HF decided to go Mandatory and had topics in multiples of 1k, I believe they were up to Part 136 (or higher). Gotta assume having one topic is better than 136 smaller ones.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
B4620778-D3B2-4549-91B7-9FA8C5E89B5C.jpeg

Got the Warbonnet Blackbird Hammock today. Can’t wait to get out camping with it.

It’s made in Colorado. @Murzu

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
If you came to our board to make this change because of a collective decision by the mods to improve performance conclusively, and all other similarly long threads have been similarly locked, and you happened to be the janitor on duty, okay, I'm with you. I still think you should have asked @DaveG or one of our hometown mods to do it, but fine.

If, on the other hand, you came to our board because, in your opinion, our beloved long off-topic thread was too long and off-topic, then I would definitely and respectfully ask why you thought it was your place to do this, instead of leaving it to our hometown mods.

In short: if **** ain't on fire, any chance you could leave the modding to the hometown mods? Thanks.
I appreciate the support guys, but I haven't been around most of the past couple days (migraines are a motherf***er) so The Underboss helping out is appreciated. I would have taken care of things myself if I had been around at the time.

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I appreciate the support guys, but I haven't been around most of the past couple days (migraines are a mother****er) so The Underboss helping out is appreciated. I would have taken care of things myself if I had been around at the time.
Understood. My girlfriend gets migraines occasionally and they are a mother f***er. She can't do anything for hours, but just lay there in agony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad