i like what marty marincin brings!!!

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If someone has time they should see how many shots Ovechkin and Stamkos had while Marincin was on the ice (versus how many we had). Marincin played the toughest minutes against two of the top shooters in the league and limited them to 0 points and a handful of shots (2 of Ovis were against Schultz actually)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
He is again in the conversation of being our clear and away best defenseman.

Petry's game last night certainly reminded me how much Marincin covered for him when they were paired together.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He is again in the conversation of being our clear and away best defenseman.

Petry's game last night certainly reminded me how much Marincin covered for him when they were paired together.

Fayne was clearly better than Marincin last night and actually bailed him out a couple times. Marincin was very good but a couple mistakes he made couldve been deadly if Fayne wasnt covering for him.
Petry is plain out bad now.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Fayne was clearly better than Marincin last night and actually bailed him out a couple times. Marincin was very good but a couple mistakes he made couldve been deadly if Fayne wasnt covering for him.

That has not been the case every night so far. More the exception than the rule in the whole 3 games I've watched.

Its great they can bail each other out. A good pairing will do that.

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

I recall Marincin bailing out Fayne on that poor cross ice pass in their zone but I can't recall Marincin being bailed out. Any specific moments stick out for you?

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
If someone has time they should see how many shots Ovechkin and Stamkos had while Marincin was on the ice (versus how many we had). Marincin played the toughest minutes against two of the top shooters in the league and limited them to 0 points and a handful of shots (2 of Ovis were against Schultz actually)

He was -5(1 for, 6 against) vs. Ovie and -4(6 for, 10 against) vs. Stamkos.

(Stamkos one might be off. This site acts kind of funky sometimes.)

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Good lord. Dat Marincin Corsi.:amazed:

The skewed QoC affects that number since it's Corsi relative to QoC.

He actually has the worst CF% of our defensemen right now.

Petry - 55.8
Ference - 52.1
Nikitin - 49.0
Schultz - 48.6
Fayne - 46.2
Marincin - 35.5

Obviously it doesn't really mean anything considering the sample size though.

NAF

Beauty Fakes
Sep 30, 2010

Petry - 55.8
Ference - 52.1
Nikitin - 49.0
Schultz - 48.6
Fayne - 46.2
Marincin - 35.5

Ha! Yeah, I noticed that myself and edited accordingly to ease back on the praise, but you sniped me before I could submit. ;)

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
So, if Marincin-Fayne gets the "top line" match-up tomorrow against Carolina, he will be defending crack top-line centre Riley Nash (yes, that same Riley Nash we traded for the pick we used to draft Martin Marincin).

That'll be fun.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Petry - 55.8
Ference - 52.1
Nikitin - 49.0
Schultz - 48.6
Fayne - 46.2
Marincin - 35.5

Looks completely upside down to me based on actual play.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
He was -5(1 for, 6 against) vs. Ovie and -4(6 for, 10 against) vs. Stamkos.

(Stamkos one might be off. This site acts kind of funky sometimes.)

I was just wondering from a pure Ovechkin and Stamkos way, not the lines. I know Ovechkin only had 2 shots that game. Although the -5 vs the line isn't encouraging

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
I recall Marincin bailing out Fayne on that poor cross ice pass in their zone but I can't recall Marincin being bailed out. Any specific moments stick out for you?

No exact moment sticks out.. just during the play it seemed Fayne was by far the better Dman of the pair.. Was it Marincin who tried to pass with one hand on the stick at our blueline and got picked off? The one hand swat pass.

Tw0Shoes

Mar 15, 2007
Could this be our Chara? (Without the offence lol)
Him and Fayne were rock solid last night. If we got a capable defenseman to play on the Petry Pairing we could actually have a decent top 4

Chara didn't really put up any points in a season before 24 (where he put up 23). His 25 year old season he put up 39 and has been good offensively since then, but Marty still has a lot of time to round it out.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
No exact moment sticks out.. just during the play it seemed Fayne was by far the better Dman of the pair.. Was it Marincin who tried to pass with one hand on the stick at our blueline and got picked off? The one hand swat pass.

That was a horribad decision. I remember watching that play and cringing. Thank god the guy missed the puck or that's a goal.

As for the Chara comparison, he has a long way to go. Hjmarlsson is a better comparison for upside (hopefully Klefbom can be Seabrook)

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Marincin and Fayne make an excellent pair, I like what they bring, I just wish Marincin played a touch meaner and dirtier. I don't mean fights or big hits, just stick work and such. Make it uncomfortable for others to play against him more often.

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Marincin can be so much better if he adds a little physicality to his game! HIT someone MARTY!

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Marincin can be so much better if he adds a little physicality to his game! HIT someone MARTY!

It's not like it's never been part of his game.

Dude got suspended for an entire World Junior tournament for taking the head off Jason Zucker.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
It's not like it's never been part of his game.

Dude got suspended for an entire World Junior tournament for taking the head off Jason Zucker.

I'd like to see him get a bit meaner and put 15lbs of muscle on... He's a good skater, but sometimes is kind of light. Gonna be a real good one I think.

Oilception

Oct 11, 2012
St. Albert

I think it would be nice to see this some times to, but the guy uses his stick and reach so effectively he doesn't need to.
The D on our team who keep getting beat need to do a better job taking the body. Marincin doesn't let guys past him much

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad