I have jumped on the Ducks bandwagon

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
Didn't find this thread on the board so wanted to start this.

While I'm a Vancouver fan first, I've also been a Anaheim fan for as long as I can remember. Back in the day when I was nine, my favorite teams were due to my favorite players playing in them because I didn't see any full matches because of the time zones.. all highlight reels for me, so that's why I rooted for Anaheim (Kariya), Vancouver (Bure), Montreal (Saku) and Winnipeg (Teemu & Teppo), I thought my dad was trying to pull the biggest prank on me ever when he picking me up from school told me that Teemu was traded to Anaheim. After realizing he wasn't joking, it became the best hockey related memory of my life, and for the next few years Anaheim was my favorite team, until I kind of stopped following the league..

Many years later I had started to watch the game a lot more after a long hiatus and Canucks slowly but surely became my team, but Anaheim was still my second team AINEC because of Teemu. And when Anaheim went deep in the playoffs and eventually won, I got my new best hockey memory: waking up in the morning and seeing Teemu's post-cup interview. Such a happy moment. A few years later, when I heard Saku would join the team I just couldn't contain myself - my two Finnish childhood stars playing on the same team! Since then I've been hoping for you guys to win it for Saku ever since that trade, and one of my worst nightmares would have been facing you at the post-season in the WCF or something. I think I just couldn't watch a series where I was forced to root against my favorite players ever.

Now that Vancouver's out for the year, it's even easier for me to wish you the best of luck and hope for the best. Your team has a lot of exciting young players playing alongside the old war horses, it's also great to see that once the duo is out, Vatanen is there to keep up the Finnish flag. I also like the fact Robidas is with you guys, and have been rooting for Bonino and Maroon for quite some time.. your fanbase, I've noticed, is also one of the most civil ones out there in the worst battlefield out there - the trade rumours section - as can be seen by the constant Kesler trade discussion and how it never gets nasty, always very respectable.

So all I'm saying is - have a great series, and win it for Saku!

1288368740571.jpg

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I would love to see Saku finally win one. He deserves it probably more than anyone else on the team for his perseverance alone

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Be careful about saying you love Kariya around here, some people are still upset about him leaving.

Otherwise, welcome!

Be careful, people will act snide around here for people having an opinion that differs from their own.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
Be careful, people will act snide around here for people having an opinion that differs from their own.

Nah, I don't care if you love him or hate him; I'm going from what I've read on these very forums. In one that was very recently ressurected, even. Not even tryna be snide. Same side, ect.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
I would love to see Saku finally win one. He deserves it probably more than anyone else on the team for his perseverance alone

Always been a Ducks since I was born but seeing Koivu win the cup would be icing on the cake. I think he is one of the few players that deserves to win it over anyone else in the league.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Great thread. I came here wanting to jump on the Ducks bandwagon for the playoffs. I'm a huge Jets fan, but have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Ducks because of Teemu. Also a big fan of Getzlaf. Last night I had my main playoff draft and I went heavy on the Ducks. I think I picked just about everyone on your team. So I hope you have a little room.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Great thread. I came here wanting to jump on the Ducks bandwagon for the playoffs. I'm a huge Jets fan, but have always had a bit of a soft spot for the Ducks because of Teemu. Also a big fan of Getzlaf. Last night I had my main playoff draft and I went heavy on the Ducks. I think I picked just about everyone on your team. So I hope you have a little room.

Sure do. Welcome aboard, everyone. :)

Not the safest of bandwagons when it comes to commonly suspected longevity, but I still recommend the choice. :nod:

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
There are a couple things you need to be a Ducks fan.

1. If the Ducks lose, it's Luca Sbisa's fault. If he's not playing, it's Jonas Hiller's fault.

2. Hate the Kings. As a Nucks fan, I'm sure you have that down pat.

3. Advanced statistics are for idiots even though it sometimes takes a genius to understand them.

Optional: the refs are always against you, especially Chris Lee.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
welcome :D
and ya i really hoep saku gets a cup before he retires. he definitely deserves one

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Thanks everyone. If anyone wants to shed some light on the lineup beyond what is observed from a far, I'm all ears.

Rendole

Apr 29, 2013
Got another Bandwagon fan here from the Canucks. Would love to see Teemu end his career with another win. Random question to duck fans where is Etem, is he playing in the ahl? I thought he'd of made the team by now.

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
Got another Bandwagon fan here from the Canucks. Would love to see Teemu end his career with another win. Random question to duck fans where is Etem, is he playing in the ahl? I thought he'd of made the team by now.

In Norfolk. Its not due to lack of talent on his part either, our forward depth is just too deep.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
Thanks everyone. If anyone wants to shed some light on the lineup beyond what is observed from a far, I'm all ears.

not sure what is up with hiller, some think he is hurt or sick.

top line seems to finally be set with beleskey, getz, perry.

expect a lot of juggling from the other lines, especially if they are not scoring. bb loves them juggles.

d gets juggled a bit too, but we have some frequent pairings.

fowler, lovejoy
lindholm, beauch
who the hell knows, with that other guy.

TheGoodShepard

Mar 29, 2014
There are a couple things you need to be a Ducks fan.

1. If the Ducks lose, it's Luca Sbisa's fault. If he's not playing, it's Jonas Hiller's fault.

2. Hate the Kings. As a Nucks fan, I'm sure you have that down pat.

3. Advanced statistics are for idiots even though it sometimes takes a genius to understand them.

Optional: the refs are always against you, especially Chris Lee.

I'd throw Steve Kozari in here as well.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
not sure what is up with hiller, some think he is hurt or sick.

top line seems to finally be set with beleskey, getz, perry.

expect a lot of juggling from the other lines, especially if they are not scoring. bb loves them juggles.

d gets juggled a bit too, but we have some frequent pairings.

fowler, lovejoy
lindholm, beauch
who the hell knows, with that other guy.

Bonino looks like he makes things happen. Where does he fit in?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad