Pre-Game Talk: I Have a Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I dont know if its getting older or what, but Im starting to put and hot sauce on EVERYTHING.
Maybe life is just so bitter and numbing that hot sauce is the only thing that makes me feel anything.

My inlaws noticed everything I put hot sauce on, is just a vessel for carrying more hotsauce be it popcorn, pizza.

So I took that as permission to drink half of my brother-in-laws sriracha bottle.

And I don't have some insane spicy tolerance. I'm addicted to the pain.

Messrules11

6 Cups, elbows up.
Nov 23, 2018
I dont know if its getting older or what, but Im starting to put and hot sauce on EVERYTHING.
Maybe life is just so bitter and numbing that hot sauce is the only thing that makes me feel anything.

My inlaws noticed everything I put hot sauce on, is just a vessel for carrying more hotsauce be it popcorn, pizza.

So I took that as permission to drink half of my brother-in-laws sriracha bottle.

I’ll confess I’m hooked on tequila sauce.
Does that make me an alcoholic?

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB

I used to make this dish where i took frank's buffalo sauce and injected it into some chicken thighs and let it marinate overnight then cooked them up on the BBQ the next day. OMG it was so good and OMG was the aftermath painful.

Sounds like its something you might want to try.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

I put that shit on everything!

Freshly toasted Bagel with melted butter and Franks red hot is the bomb.

I’ll confess I’m hooked on tequila sauce.
Does that make me an alcoholic?

Only if you drink it straight out of the bottle.

• Haha
Reactions: Messrules11

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
I hear you, brother.

1713366524658.png

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Wrong, Hyman is only 2 hat tricks away from 60.
Foegele is at 19 goals. I'd suspect he'd like to get 20 for the first time in his career.
Bouchard and RNH are at 18. I don't suspect they'll deliberately chase 20 unless one or both of them score tonight.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
have the Oilers ever been involved in another team's/city's farewell game before??

Looking at the teams that have moved in the time Edmonton has been in the league, it doesn't look like. They were the second last home game for the Colorado Rockies (last game was vs. Calgary).

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
So Broberg the only call up?
Not resting guys with 2 meaningless games back to back before the playoffs? Dumb.

Pretty sure Stetcher Holloway Ryan will all be in as well so 4 players will be sat today and again tomorrow. I don’t know if they have the cap space to bring more up?

Reactions: Giggleplex

McHelpus

Jan 16, 2021
Not even sure why those fans deserve a send off, can you imagine a city being offered a privately funded entertainment district and no? The city of Edmonton paid 312 million dollars.

Arizona can **** off

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
I know this is petty but my biggest hopes for tonight is that Matthews doesnt hit 70 goals and that Kucherov doesnt hit 100 assissts. Would be the funniest thing ever.
For Oilers, I hope they rest guys..thats mostly it.

Last edited:
Reactions: foofighter

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Not even sure why those fans deserve a send off, can you imagine a city being offered a privately funded entertainment district and no? The city of Edmonton paid 312 million dollars.

Arizona can **** off
Edmonton revenue share payments going to give free stuff to Yotes fans for the win.

Reactions: Oilhawks

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Pretty sure Stetcher Holloway Ryan will all be in as well so 4 players will be sat today and again tomorrow. I don’t know if they have the cap space to bring more up?

Cap space isn't an issue anymore as the remaining cap hit of any player called up would be in the range of $8K to $12K depending on which player and Edmonton has a $178K cap space (possibly less as Gregor has suggested the numbers on CapFriendly and Puckpedia are a bit higher than the actual numbers Edmonton is working from.

I think it's at least partially due to them wanting to let Bakersfield have the best chance at moving as high as possible (could finish as high as 4th place giving them home ice for the first mini round or as low as 7th which would have to face the 2nd best team in the Pacific for the mini round). Also probably due to the fact they already have 4 available players and they know what to expect from Gagner.

Knoblach did a good job of keeping the ice time balanced on Monday, so as long as he keeps that up with all forwards being 13-16 minutes and all defense 19-21 minutes, it's fine. Especially if you dress all 4 of the available players.

That said, I thought Skinner starting Monday was them telegraphing that they would let him stay home and call up Campbell to back up one of these games and start the other. Apparently not.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
I know this is petty but my biggest hopes for tonight is that Matthews doesnt hit 80 goals and that Kucherov doesnt hit 100 assissts. Would be the funniest thing ever.
Matthews definitely isn't hitting 80 :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Gnome17

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I know this is petty but my biggest hopes for tonight is that Matthews doesnt hit 80 goals and that Kucherov doesnt hit 100 assissts. Would be the funniest thing ever.

I kind of doubt Matthews scores 11 goals tonight, but who knows.

Seriously, though, you can guarantee both will get them tonight as neither team seems to be concerned with defense once their positions were locked in (11 GA vs. Toronto last three games and 30 GA in their last 8, 22 GA for Tampa in their last 6 games). Just focused on scoring points to hit the milestones.

Calling a 5-4 game with each of them getting their treats early in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad