Pre-Game Talk: I Have a Confession

Status
Not open for further replies.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
No reason to believe Meruelo will actually do that. I expect him to take the money and run.
So do I. Which would then allow Gary to hand pick his new savior in the desert. He will go down and kicking and screaming before he allows the failure of the Yotes to stain his legacy. There will be a new version, of that I'm quite certain.

Reactions: TB12

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
So do I. Which would then allow Gary to hand pick his new savior in the desert. He will go down and kicking and screaming before he allows the failure of the Yotes to stain his legacy. There will be a new version, of that I'm quite certain.
Unfortunately I could see the whole ordeal resulting in him getting another term when his contract is up just to keep trying in Arizona while the NHL gets passed by the WNBA. Dude is gonna somehow be commissioner until he dies of old age, which I'm not convinced will ever happen.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Realizing that if it's like any other Oilers/Coyotes game, the crowd will... mostly be Oilers fans for the last game in Arizona.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Cooking with Mr Kot:

View attachment 853186

Last game in Arizona….?

I’m assuming Pickard gets the start tomorrow.

Perhaps we see Broberg in, I’d give Ekholm a game off.

View attachment 853194

So game 1 of the playoffs not announced yet…apparently NHL is waiting for the matchup before announcing.
LA has the Lakers & Clippers in the playoffs so I’m assuming that’s a major scheduling factor, if it ends up being the kings we play.

From what I’ve heard/read game 1 would be played on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.
He said lightly burnt, not blackened to a crisp. ;)

Reactions: Morpheus

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
And if we thought the perks to Vegas and Seattle were generous wait until we see the rules of the next expansion. Tin foil hat time but I could see a guarantee of a top two pick in each of the first two drafts as well as more generous rules for the expansion draft so that the owner putting down $1B+ would be almost assured a contender within the first few years. (Of course Vegas would be fully exempted from the expansion draft and perhaps even given an Oiler 1st round draft pick as compensation for hosting the event!!!) Even with that I think it will be a challenge without a lot of public money to get someone to lay down over $1.5B for a new franchise and an arena in a market that has never been proven to be able to support such an investment.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Cooking with Mr Kot:

View attachment 853186

Last game in Arizona….?

I’m assuming Pickard gets the start tomorrow.

Perhaps we see Broberg in, I’d give Ekholm a game off.

View attachment 853194

So game 1 of the playoffs not announced yet…apparently NHL is waiting for the matchup before announcing.
LA has the Lakers & Clippers in the playoffs so I’m assuming that’s a major scheduling factor, if it ends up being the kings we play.

From what I’ve heard/read game 1 would be played on Sunday, Monday, or Tuesday.
Jiffy pop was the worst invention ever. It was impossible not to burn unless you stopped before any of the kernels popped.

Reactions: Morpheus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad