I Hate U2 and U Should 2

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
U2 are awesome, and apparently the Canucks' staff feels the same way.

This seems like a pretty weak thing to get worked up over.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I think it could work if they were able to alter it a little and take out the main vocal track.

My favourite though was always the 'dun dun dun HEY!' one, whatever it's called, that we had back in the WCE days and I think the Sharks use now.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
They have a couple cool tracks. I thought Bullet In The Blue Sky was a Rage Against The Machine track for awhile back in the day because it was so bad ass. Compared to the garbage most other teams force upon their fans, I don't have a lot of qualms with the Canucks music choices.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
I hate this article and U should 2.

dissing one of the most successful bands of all time seems completely unnecessary and just plain stupid.

I agree the DJ is a moron and it shouldn't be difficult to pick a good pump up song but it really has nothing to do with U2. they are simply not pump up music for the most part so it's the DJ's fault not U2.

Last edited:

Royal Canuck

Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
U2, like any other band, has some good tunes, and some bad tunes.

Would say they suck though, I enjoy a couple of their songs even though I don't call myself a U2 fan.

Holiday goal song FTW, didn't mind our Black Keys one either.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
I haven't noticed our goal song once this year and I've watched pretty much every game on TV. I thought we just scrapped it to be honest, had no idea it was U2 now. Certainly not as impactful as Holiday or the old WCE one mentioned earlier. Even Gold on the Ceiling was better given that I actually knew it existed. What's our intro song now? Something else dull, unrecognizable and played too low for anyone to hear?

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Agree completely. U2 make me want to bang my head against a wall.

Understand from all the polls that Bono is one of the most trusted human beings on the planet....leaving the music aside, would rather listen to U2 than some drugged out rapper.

Nucker101

Foundational Poster
Apr 2, 2013
I don't listen to their genre of music, but I agree that the goal song this year is as lame s I can remember(no diss to the actual song, but just as a goal song choice). Not that catchy and doesn't really pump you up.

Not a big deal anyway.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Holiday was great. It was original (no one else was using Green Day), was upbeat, was during our biggest period of success and it was actually loud enough that you knew it was playing. The old U2 intro was great as well. I'm not even that big of a fan of either band and I loved them both. On the flip side I'm a huge Black Keys fan but didn't really like Gold on the Ceiling as our goal song.

cc

Feb 28, 2002
I wonder if other fan bases argue and obsess over the team's goal song as much as canucks fans

Almost anything with a rock beat would be fine with me.

a Fool

Emperor has no picks
Mar 14, 2014
I haven't noticed our goal song once this year and I've watched pretty much every game on TV. I thought we just scrapped it to be honest, had no idea it was U2 now. Certainly not as impactful as Holiday or the old WCE one mentioned earlier. Even Gold on the Ceiling was better given that I actually knew it existed. What's our intro song now? Something else dull, unrecognizable and played too low for anyone to hear?

Same. I have no idea what our goal song is. I've watched every game.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
Just as I thought Canuck fans could not find more to complain about.... We are easily the most pretentious fan base in Hockey. Perhaps in all of sport.

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
I don't.... care about the goal song. No, I definitely don't care. I think I would prefer to have no song at all, and just let the roar of the crowd soundtrack a Canucks goal. I guess the problem with that is there's like at least 35ish home games each season that aren't particularly worth cheering over, and most goals in those games are met with indifference.

If you have to have a song I'd prefer something iconic and stadium-y like uhhh Rock N Roll Part 2 or Kernkraft 400. Something that's primarily associated with sporting events.

I actually had no idea what the song is this year, I couldn't hum it if you asked me to. And I've watched every game this season. U2 is pretty laughable in 2014.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad