Post-Game Talk: I had my xanax, I ain't even mad. Errr, i mean, 5-1 Rangers?

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
I had trouble sleeping last night because I figured healthy scratch D'Agostini would suddenly be promoted to the first line. This news actually made me feel better about the day ahead.

Don't worry Charlie Brown, Lucy Bylsma still plans to pull away your football. :p:

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Guys I thought DJ was good, he just needed a chance?

I'm not even a big Dustin Jeffrey fan, but give me a ****ing break. Like he's the first guy on this team with a bad turnover or two in a game.

Get out of here with that, "haha he made a mistake, I'll peacock my amazingness now" crap

nhindian

Jul 4, 2009
I'm not even a big Dustin Jeffrey fan, but give me a ****ing break. Like he's the first guy on this team with a bad turnover or two in a game.

Get out of here with that, "haha he made a mistake, I'll peacock my amazingness now" crap

I'm not even mainly talking about last night, but in total.

Everyone thinks they know best and DB doesn't play people just because he loves keeping young bucks down. DJ, Tangradi, Letestu, etc. etc. etc.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009

Everyone thinks they know best and DB doesn't play people just because he loves keeping young bucks down. DJ, Tangradi, Letestu, etc. etc. etc.

Right, because Dustin Jeffrey isn't a better player than Tanner Glass and Craig Adams?

Because Mark Letestu didn't sign a contract extension and is a mainstay on their 3rd line?

Because Ben Lovejoy (CONVENIENT THAT YOU LEAVE HIM OFF, HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE) isn't a top-4 Dman on the best team (by total points) in the NHL

But you were just mentioning it randomly, right? Dustin Jeffrey is bad, thought I'd randomly mention it.

Not because he had two turnovers last night.

Peacooooooooooooooooooooooooock

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh

are you using Letestu as an example in your favor here?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
How did that adjusting work against Boston in the playoffs? The dude needs help. It's not a bad thing. It's just the reality of the game.

The entire team was utter garbage. Hell, if anything, Sid got off his game mentally and never got back to what makes him good. He took himself out of that series more than the Bruins kept him in check.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Right, because Dustin Jeffrey isn't a better player than Tanner Glass and Craig Adams?

Because Mark Letestu didn't sign a contract extension and is a mainstay on their 3rd line?

Because Ben Lovejoy (CONVENIENT THAT YOU LEAVE HIM OFF, HUEHUEHUEHUEHUE) isn't a top-4 Dman on the best team (by total points) in the NHL

But you were just mentioning it randomly, right? Dustin Jeffrey is bad, thought I'd randomly mention it.

I love reading your posts.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Are you saying...

... That's not fair?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I love reading your posts.

I'm on to you, buddy.

Here ya go:

mentos_fruit.jpg

Are you saying...

... That's not fair?

Dammit, I forgot to list Brian Strait.

No, it's not fair.

ObsessedCreative*

Injuries or not... that was monumentally disappointing all the way around.

I think this team is in worse trouble than their record would indicate.

Not to sound melodramatic... but I might take a couple of weeks or so off from watching these losers play. Too frustrating to willingly spend time on. They even manage to frustrate when they win, much of the time. Hopefully getting healthy will help. But I dunno.

Agreed on all fronts except taking weeks off. I won't miss a game / train wreck.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
The entire team was utter garbage. Hell, if anything, Sid got off his game mentally and never got back to what makes him good. He took himself out of that series more than the Bruins kept him in check.

Actually, I don't think the team was utter garbage at all. I think Sid needed help and Geno hit more posts than I can count. I just don't think Duper is the right guy for Sid in a tight checking series (if Kunitz is the other winger). He doesn't have the hands to make a move in tight space to keep possession. Instead, he whacks it to a double covered Sid.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
DJ is not better than Glass at least this year.

He may have slightly more skill that he never uses, but for there roles hes not better.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
DJ is not better than Glass at least this year.

He may have slightly more skill that he never uses, but for there roles hes not better.

Jeffrey's also not a winger...something that seems to be lost on a LOT of people here. If we actually tried him at his natural position, maybe he'd actually pan out as something more than waiver-wire fodder.

When this season began, Jeffrey was centering the fourth line and I thought he looked pretty good. Then that stopped (because with Bylsma it always does) and he hasn't gotten a sniff at center since. Joe Vitale has played very well since then, and I don't have an issue with him. But Jeffrey is currently being judged based on playing out of position.

Let's put Glass at center and see how he looks. Hell, we don't even have to move Glass out of position to see him suck balls.

Shwag33

May 27, 2008
Jeffrey's also not a winger...something that seems to be lost on a LOT of people here. If we actually tried him at his natural position, maybe he'd actually pan out as something more than waiver-wire fodder.

When this season began, Jeffrey was centering the fourth line and I thought he looked pretty good. Then that stopped (because with Bylsma it always does) and he hasn't gotten a sniff at center since. Joe Vitale has played very well since then, and I don't have an issue with him. But Jeffrey is currently being judged based on playing out of position.

Let's put Glass at center and see how he looks. Hell, we don't even have to move Glass out of position to see him suck balls.

Engelland has played D his whole life. He's played much better at wing than DJ, going from center to wing is an easy transition in comparison.

I'm not sure why we have DJ appologists, he was never that good ever even before he got hurt; he played a handful of decent games in his entire career a few years ago. Thats it. He's never shown anything substantial that says he belongs in a top 9 on any decent team.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
Engelland has played D his whole life. He's played much better at wing than DJ, going from center to wing is an easy transition in comparison.

I'm not sure why we have DJ appologists, he was never that good ever even before he got hurt; he played a handful of decent games in his entire career a few years ago. Thats it. He's never shown anything substantial that says he belongs in a top 9 on any decent team.

Just because a bruising defenseman has made a nice transition to a bruising fourth-line winger has absolutely no bearing on whether a finesse two-way center can transition to the wing. In Jeffrey's case, it's a double-whammy...he's playing wing AND he's playing on the fourth line. Neither is a good place for him.

If given the OPPORTUNITY, there's no reason to believe Jeffrey couldn't put up Sutter-like numbers...while providing a bit more skill in the process.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad