Post-Game Talk (GBU): I felt like a real hockey game again!

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
G: Sabres earn back a little bit of respect tonight
B: Nashville did not show Buffalo their best game
U: (in)Competence of on ice NHL officiating crew

There's really been so little to cheer about this last half of the season that a good effort in a loss deserves some celebration. Lets see how this translates to the final 2 remaining games

PatrikBerglund

May 29, 2017
G: 20 years, 15 head coaches and 12 GMs from now when we finally get it right, all of us on here will be able to say we remained fans through these years

By then, I will probably be in a vegetative state after a massive stroke after watching this trainwreck year in and year out.

Reactions: ek93

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Best result possible - we looked somewhat competitive, kids played well, home crowd was mildly entertained, and we lost in regulation! I wasn’t planning on tanking this season, but hey, we might as well act like we’ve been here before!

Absolutely agree with you good Dr.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for the officiating, yes, they screwed up the Sheary goal.

But they also made a weak call on the Ekholm tripping penalty, and gave him 2 extra, giving us a 4 minute power play.

Now I'm off to check our odds in the lottery...

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
At least Risto got #40. 4 straight seasons of 40+ points is unheard of for a Buffalo Dman. Housley may have been the last one to do it. For all his faults a 25 year old 40+ point top 4 RHD capable of playing minutes would bring back a sizable return.

And the games he missed showed that Risto is not THE problem. His play when he gets nearly 25 minutes a game is a problem, but this teams D troubles go far past one player. I cannot wait to see Risto on a Sabres team getting ~21 minutes a night.

Dahlin 25
Risto 21
Montour 21
Pilut 19
#5 18
#6 16

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Eichel had a very strong game. Dahlin with a sick dangle on the first goal.

Yes, Jack did have a great game, but that's a double edged sword.

He can play like this anytime he chooses too, but unfortunately, we don't see this Jack nearly enough. He likes to take nights off, or if you are feeling more generous--his play is highly inconsistent.

He can be very forceful skating with the puck in the offensive zone, making things happen, breaking down defenses, when he's in the mood to do it.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
At least Risto got #40. 4 straight seasons of 40+ points is unheard of for a Buffalo Dman. Housley may have been the last one to do it. For all his faults a 25 year old 40+ point top 4 RHD capable of playing minutes would bring back a sizable return.

And the games he missed showed that Risto is not THE problem. His play when he gets nearly 25 minutes a game is a problem, but this teams D troubles go far past one player. I cannot wait to see Risto on a Sabres team getting ~21 minutes a night.

Dahlin 25
Risto 21
Montour 21
Pilut 19
#5 18
#6 16

I'd be very surprised if Risto survives this off-season. I think he'll be traded.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Dahlin goes in the good and ugly categories for me. Some really great play last night, but that mistake on the Subban goal, yikes.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I'd also like to note that I really enjoyed the 'hot mike' profanity that the broadcast crew picked up at times. That was special.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd also like to note that I really enjoyed the 'hot mike' profanity that the broadcast crew picked up at times. That was special.

Same. Very clearly heard someone yell "You f***ed that one up, eh" after the ref blew the whistle on Sheary's goal.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Lindy Ruff would've been carried off the ice after some of those calls made last night.

Housley says 'we got screwed' in a press conference.

Apples and Oranges. Humans really are impressionable, and they mimic your ineptness Housley.

Last edited:
Reactions: oldgoalie

oldgoalie

Goaltending matters.
Jan 7, 2004
VA
Lindy Ruff would've been carried off the ice after some of those calls made last night.

Housley says 'we were screwed' in a press conference.

Apples and Oranges
I'd take some of Lindy's attitude over this cud chewing clown any day of the week.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
What about your ****ty PP not putting them away with the 4 minute gift the referees bestowed upon the sabres? That's a make up call if I've ever seen one.
I think he was in charge of the PP in Nashville too. After Housley signed in Buffalo, some Nashville fans on this board were mentioning the fact that their PP always sucked (i think the opposite goes for the PK, which was always a stroingpoint in Nashville).
Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'm a real hockey game!!!

pinocchio-970x545.jpg

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
G:
- Nylander. That pass in the 1st springing Sheary was a thing of beauty. He's very good in transition.
- Mitts had some real nice moments. He can do some great things when he's feeling confident enough to use that skill of his.
- Eichel also had some real nice moments and great set-up passes.

B:
- Didn't like Pilut last night. Seemed like he was struggling to find guys to break the puck out to and would often resort to just flinging it up the boards to a Predator.
- Our "power"play.

U:
- Refs and their stupid early whistle robbing us of a good goal.
- Toronto --- that 1st NSH goal should've been disallowed. Overhead shot clearly showed the puck hitting the shaft of the stick, and every other angle showed that stick was entirely above the crossbar.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad