I don’t care. I am going to say it. These playoff match ups are the result of a divine intervention

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Having a perceived preferable first round matchup means you get to go to the SCF? Meeting Colorado (or Kryptonite in the Leafs' case) in the first round is a cake walk? Like they won't have to get through a Carolina,Rangers or Dallas to make it there? Powerful fantasy.

Even if the Stars or Rangers fail to win you'll have to play the team that beats them which is usually even worse. Florida last year ring a bell?

The Leafs are 1-7 against the Bruins over the last 2 regular seasons and haven't beat them in the playoffs since 1958. Anything can happen but it's odd that this is seen as better than playing Florida but whatever floats one's boat.
No

No. You are leaping so far now.

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
Edmonton Toronto would be a (Canadian) final for the ages given how much pressure is on the two teams and McDavid v. Matthews.

Also the ultimate goalie redemption narrative after Skinner and Samsonov's starts to the season.

Likely? Nope.

Reactions: Strangle

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
All the shifts in the standings over the last few games due to losses/wins is unexplainable. More like shocking. It can't be understated. Everything shook up and teams like EDM, VAN, WPG, and TOR all were granted a pathway to get to the Stanley Cup Final. Can you explain it? No one can. It's so unbelievable that no one even wants to discuss it.

Colour Me Amazed.
defendingthelord.png

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Spoke about only Canadian teams?
✅

Spelled "color" with an extra, unnecessary vowel?
✅

Yep, he's Canadian.

Someone tell the Rangers and Stars that they have no chance at the cup. None.

to be fair there is that stat that always gets posted

I forget how it went exactly, something about Canadian teams winning the last 30 Cups in a row?

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You're not grounded but I'm leaping. Ok..

So, define what gives them a "clear pathway to the Stanley Cup Final", more than any other team in the playoffs has?
It seems to me that your world view of certainty is being turned upside down in this thread. I can't tell how emotional you are because this is the internet, but your posts are flying in here pretty frequently. You're jumping to conclusions.

A crazy turn in the standings occured and now unexpected teams are facing each other in the 1st round. Every single Canadian Team has a chance to move on to the 2nd round.

Come on. That is not a wild statement. That statement has nothing to do with NYR or DAL.

If you want to go by certainty then listen up: higher ranked teams often get upset. Especially in the 1st round. That could include EDM, WPG, and VAN.

• Haha
Reactions: Laus723

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It seems to me that your world view of certainty is being turned upside down in this thread. I can't tell how emotional you are because this is the internet, but your posts are flying in here pretty frequently. You're jumping to conclusions.
Just bored and wondering what the point of this thread is? You think NHL playoff seeding is a devine intervention yet question my emotions. Hmm. Ok...
A crazy turn in the standings occured and now unexpected teams are facing each other in the 1st round. Every single Canadian Team has a chance to move on to the 2nd round
Every single Canadian team could also get eliminated. Glass half empty, glass half full. Depends on your point of view.
If you want to go by certainty then listen up: higher ranked teams often get upset. Especially in the 1st round. That could include EDM, WPG, and VAN
If that were true it wouldn't be called an upset, it would be what was expected.

And so there's no point to this thread, all teams can have a path to the cup or might get upset in the first round. Got it. Later

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Maybe Edmonton makes it, that’s it.
Maybe OP should explain the why, this happens.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Maybe Edmonton makes it, that’s it.
Maybe OP should explain the why, this happens.
I think Winnipeg actually has the best shot out of all of them, they seem to have no trouble against Colorado in the regular season, it should be interesting to see if they can keep that rolling in the playoffs. They're my one pick for a Canadian team who might win it. Edmonton probably 2nd after them

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Being charitable, is the big deal that Canadian teams aren't playing each other in the first round? Therefore, as many as 4 and as few as 0 could make it to the second round?

Strangle

May 4, 2009
I know Boston is, they lost 3 of their last 4 to avoid TB.

Toronto was absolutely HANDLING the Panthers until Keefe (who admitted to scoreboard watching and checking out the bruins between periods) saw the Bruins losing.

Then the Leafs have the worst period in NHL history and let the Panthers off the hook the rest of the game.

Leafs want Boston, we got THE PASSION!

Having a perceived preferable first round matchup means you get to go to the SCF? Meeting Colorado (or Kryptonite in the Leafs' case) in the first round is a cake walk? Like they won't have to get through a Carolina,Rangers or Dallas to make it there? Powerful fantasy.

Even if the Stars or Rangers fail to win you'll have to play the team that beats them which is usually even worse. Florida last year ring a bell?

The Leafs are 1-7 against the Bruins over the last 2 regular seasons and haven't beat them in the playoffs since 1958. Anything can happen but it's odd that this is seen as better than playing Florida but whatever floats one's boat.

Leafs have beaten the bruins in the playoffs at least 9 times since 2013

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I already am a boomer, just yesterday I went to a restaurant and was grumpy they had a QR code instead of an actual menu

One thing that's nice about this new-fangled electronic age is that at Applebee's (at least the one I go to) in particular you can pay by card at the little device thing at your table instead of having to wait for the waiter/waitress to take your card and bring it back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad