I can't be the only one enjoying hockey now

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
The Toronto vs. Boston game tonight is an absolute joy to watch, despite it being 1-1 currently. A majority of games are not close to this entertaining though, even though the Leafs are easily one of the most entertaining teams in the league.

It's a great game. Feels like a playoff game for sure

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
What I miss is not the amount of goals there used to be back in the days, what I miss is the hatred between teams and the rivalries there used to be.

Avs - Wings, Sens - Leafs, etc.. those were always awesome game. Players are just too friendly nowaday.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Being from Germany and having had season tickets for the DEL, I actually enjoy the small ice more. Feels like there is a physical element coming from it and I enjoy those battles a lot. I enjoy watching NHL hockey in general and I honestly dont care if the top scorer has 90 or 120 points. The season can be a bit too long so I migh skip a game here and there (if I cant watch it live and am busy the next day) but I am always looking forward to the games I watch. The holding/hooking/interference can be annoying and I cant count how often I got angry about a missed call or when I thought that it might have been interference after the dump in, but I also enjoy the players battling through it a lot. ( a nice change from football (not handegg) here in germany :D )
I don't see sports as pure entertainment, but I guess that is also a cultural thing, so I can see the flaws in it if you purely watch it from an entertainment standpoint, but personally I love seeing Crosby being strong on the puck and battling through 2 guys on the boards. So I would keep Hockey exactly the way it is now

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
This Strategy would be deemed unsustainable I think, Look at Sochi's stats, 3 Dman in top ten scoring and ten players at PPG or Above, translate that to a 82 game season and you get higher scoring than the current NHL and coaches will be unable to just sit back and box style defense as there would be a significant increase in scoring from the point

Olympics stats are skewed from the elite teams feasting on the non-medal contending countries.

Big ice wouldn't fix the scoring chance issue because you cna,t score from the perimeter.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I think there's a middle ground to be had between NHL and Olympic ice size.

Not that it will ever happen given the financial aspect of removing rows and the number of arenas that have been built in the last 25 years, but I'd like to see something closer to 90-92 feet in width than the current 85.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It's because the Canadian teams aren't ***** anymore. The ratings for the playoffs will be through the roof, unlike last season which was a disaster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad