GDT: I | "Ascension" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 1.20.13 | 7:00PM | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moonlapse Vertigo

Katz n' MacT BFFs
Oct 2, 2009
Edmonton
Beauty goal by Eberle but I'm still horrified by what I'm seeing. The Canucks aren't really doing... anything tonight and they're still winning. Whitney looks like he's skating in mud. That Kassian goal pisses me off just thinking about it.

The Oilers have tremendous skill but the lack of muscle is so, so, so apparent.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
Yes he has. People need to get over the fact that he has no hands and accept him for what he is. He has done his job well tonight, one of the few.

I don't think that's fair.

The whole team has played pretty well. We need to remember there are two teams on the ice and that the Canucks are pretty damn good.

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Petry is MVP so far. No doubt. He's doing everything but scoring.

Eberle is the best player on this team, without a doubt. Now, and down the road.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Pretty good period overall. Too bad there had to be that one breakdown when the Sedins were on the ice... and by that I mean too bad Whitney and Potter had to be out there against them.

Delta Cubes

Jan 2, 2010
This is typical Oilers hockey...

And by that I mean start off slow for 75% of the game and turn it up late. I guarantee the third is going to be something else

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Is it me or does Hemsky have the worst case of nerves of anyone on the ice? Wow is he ever off his game, and when he gets near the net he's making MPS style plays with the puck, weak shots from the outside.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Finally, finally EDM, more specifically Eberle uses his speed. Why they don't put the pedal to the metal against Vancouver's D (like the Ducks did last night) is beyond me. They have so much speed, use it. I'll chalk it up to first game jitters/trying to gain traction. Hopefully they wake up and come out blazing in the final frame.

As for Luongo, if he was in net last night, he'd have gotten shelled as well. The Ducks had a dozen odd man rushes at least. Tonight, the D has been good. I really believe if Schneider was in net for this game he'd be fine.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Beauty goal by Eberle but I'm still horrified by what I'm seeing. The Canucks aren't really doing... anything tonight and they're still winning. Whitney looks like he's skating in mud. That Kassian goal pisses me off just thinking about it.

The Oilers have tremendous skill but the lack of muscle is so, so, so apparent.

Pretty sure the Oilers are the most physical team on the ice tonight.

Not that it won't be apparent eventually, but it's definitely not a factor right now.

Krigaren*

Man that Eberle goal sure was sweet. I have 100$ on the oilers.
With that said as an oiler fan. I am ****in dissepointed. There is no ****ing preassure, noone on the oilers seem to want to win this game.
Its ****ing pathetic it looks like last year all over again.
I so hope that the third period wont look like this.
We are facing a team that got blown out by the ducks,, we have 4 first round offensve picks playing against a squad who have one game in their feet basicly.. this should have showed already if it isnt showing in the third well am loosing a hundred and got damnit its not what i would call progress...

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I don't think that's fair.

The whole team has played pretty well. We need to remember there are two teams on the ice and that the Canucks are pretty damn good.

You think so? The Oilers look disjointed to me, the Canucks are going at half speed basically. The bottom 6 has been solid along with Petry and Smid, the Schultzs have been ok but overall, the team has been a bit of a mess tonight. It's kind of expected for the first game so it's no reason to panic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad