GDT: I | "Ascension" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 1.20.13 | 7:00PM | Sportsnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Petry-Smid look really good. Horcoff looks good too, he really needs to finish though.

Horseradish

Dec 9, 2005
London, ON
Ugh, flashes of good things. Petrell and Belanger have been lights out on the PK, Peaches and Smid are kicking ass, Horc's doing a bang-up job.

The flashes of mediocrity and some bad things too.

The biggest negative thing I'm seeing is that Whitney still isn't mobile. He looks to be an okay bottom pairing, PP guy, but he can't play 20+ minutes anymore. It's a shame.

Potter doesn't belong out there.

Hartikainen...I've barely noticed him. I'd rather Paajarvi on that 3rd line. He's a checker anyway, and skates like the wind to boot.

Lawgirl

Mar 29, 2006
Edmonton
You know what I realized? I could post anything after an Oilers goal and no one would notice because there's so many celebratory posts.

For two years, I thought Justin Beiber was a girl and I was totally attracted to her.

Don't worry I didn't know who he was until last year ;)

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Is it me or does Hemsky have the worst case of nerves of anyone on the ice? Wow is he ever off his game, and when he gets near the net he's making MPS style plays with the puck, weak shots from the outside.

The entire team has been off so far. Everyone is talking about how many players were playing hockey, but I mean none of them have played against real competition in a few weeks. They're trying to shake the rust.

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Man that Eberle goal sure was sweet. I have 100$ on the oilers.
With that said as an oiler fan. I am ****in dissepointed. There is no ****ing preassure, noone on the oilers seem to want to win this game.
Its ****ing pathetic it looks like last year all over again.
I so hope that the third period wont look like this.
We are facing a team that got blown out by the ducks,, we have 4 first round offensve picks playing against a squad who have one game in their feet basicly.. this should have showed already if it isnt showing in the third well am loosing a hundred and got damnit its not what i would call progress...
You seriously put that much on this game. Not a good idea.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
You think so? The Oilers look disjointed to me, the Canucks are going at half speed basically. The bottom 6 has been solid along with Petry and Smid, the Schultzs have been ok but overall, the team has been a bit of a mess tonight. It's kind of expected for the first game so it's no reason to panic.

Probably right on both counts. Shortened season, no preseason, not playing for months, etc, etc, etc.

oilers2k10

Yak Don't Back Down
Mar 18, 2010
Don't worry I didn't know who he was until last year ;)
If u want u can see his naked bum now..its making rounds on the internet..its bigger than u would think..sizeable, a male version of Kim Kardashian

I go throw up now..Tambi style

stratedge

My relationship with the Oilers is abusive.
Jul 25, 2007
Calgary, AB
Re: Whitney

The good news is we can replace Whitney at the end of the season. The bad news is we have to replace Whitney at the end of the season.

It seems to be a race between him and Gagner for worst player of the game.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
You think so? The Oilers look disjointed to me, the Canucks are going at half speed basically. The bottom 6 has been solid along with Petry and Smid, the Schultzs have been ok but overall, the team has been a bit of a mess tonight. It's kind of expected for the first game so it's no reason to panic.

I would say it's been a pretty even game. The Canucks usually embarrass us in Vancouver, so I would say there has been some improvement.

We are making good plays with the puck and getting some good chances. I would like to see us pick up the pace and start using our speed a little more though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad