GDT: I | "Ascension" | Oilers vs. Canucks | 1.20.13 | 7:00PM | Sportsnet | Pt. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TBIF

Jan 8, 2011
Canuck fan in peace

First off, Eberle is a stud. Hard to hate the Oil when two of your best guys are from BC and Yak idolized Bure.

Hope the Oil can continue to improve so we can see some more competitive games, they're getting funner to watch!

Not sure how much you guys love Dubnyk but I've never been too impressed with him, but he's still better than Khabbi.

Great game so far, good luck in the third, should be a doozy!

Asher

Jun 23, 2007
Not the Whitney I was hoping for tonight. Hopefully he's just shaking off some rust and will improve as the season progresses.

smokes lets go

Oct 18, 2008
Really liking the play of Petry tonight, most notably his physicality, looks like he's learned a thing or two from smid!

McOilbleeder

We are all Kloppites
Aug 5, 2006
Oil Country
Quotes of the last page:

Petry-Smid look really good. Horcoff looks good too, he really needs to finish though.

Ugh, flashes of good things. Petrell and Belanger have been lights out on the PK, Peaches and Smid are kicking ass, Horc's doing a bang-up job.

The flashes of mediocrity and some bad things too.

The biggest negative thing I'm seeing is that Whitney still isn't mobile. He looks to be an okay bottom pairing, PP guy, but he can't play 20+ minutes anymore. It's a shame.

Potter doesn't belong out there.

Hartikainen...I've barely noticed him. I'd rather Paajarvi on that 3rd line. He's a checker anyway, and skates like the wind to boot.

Don't worry I didn't know who he was until last year ;)

In NHL 13 Eberle should have a backhand shot rating of 150

The entire team has been off so far. Everyone is talking about how many players were playing hockey, but I mean none of them have played against real competition in a few weeks. They're trying to shake the rust.

You seriously put that much on this game. Not a good idea.

Also how was that late hit on Hall not a penalty? B.S.

Wait wait wait!!! She's not??? Omg I need a chlorine shower. :cry:

Maybe it's time to give Horcoff some spot duty on the second line and try to get Hemsky/Yakupov going.

Probably right on both counts. Shortened season, no preseason, not playing for months, etc, etc, etc.

If u want u can see his naked bum now..its making rounds on the internet..its bigger than u would think..sizeable, a male version of Kim Kardashian

I go throw up now..Tambi style

Re: Whitney

The good news is we can replace Whitney at the end of the season. The bad news is we have to replace Whitney at the end of the season.

It seems to be a race between him and Gagner for worst player of the game.

Horcoff's making a case to take Gagner's spot on the 2nd line

I feel your pain. I'll PM you info about my support group.

I would say it's been a pretty even game. The Canucks usually embarrass us in Vancouver, so I would say there has been some improvement.

We are making good plays with the puck and getting some good chances. I would like to see us pick up the pace and start using our speed a little more though.

Enjoy!

JA

Nail isn't in good position to receive passes from the left side on the breakout. The last few times, he's taken himself out as an option by getting his body between his stick and the passer. He needs to adjust.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Lu's played very well, some very good saves
Dubynk has played very average, 1st goal was a stinker and had his shaky moments
Yakupov with a good 1st and average 2nd, not playing dazzling but not making a tons of mistakes
Schultz has looked good to me, jumped up in the play, got robbed by Lu in the 2nd
Horcoff....if only he had 1% of the finish Eberle has

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Dubnyk has been bailing us out wayy too often. I wish we had a defensively minded d-man to insert into the lineup..

Yakupov with some glaring defensive mistakes

Dat Schultz

+ Eberle. He's okay.

Krigaren*

You seriously put that much on this game. Not a good idea.
No? Did you watch the game against anaheim? The canucks looked like a bottom ahl team. They have key injuries. And i thought that the kids we have would go out guns blazing. I mean first game off the season, if they arent pumping adrenaline in this game i dont know wich they would.. 100$ is my standard bet with my bankroll. 2.95 x the money i figured it be worth it. So far it isnt holding up thou, but with 2.95 times the money its stll quite an open bet..

waker

May 4, 2010
Horcoff missed two quality chances in front of the goal, first a great pass from Hartikainen and then Whitney's feed.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Canuck fan in peace

First off, Eberle is a stud. Hard to hate the Oil when two of your best guys are from BC and Yak idolized Bure.

Hope the Oil can continue to improve so we can see some more competitive games, they're getting funner to watch!

Not sure how much you guys love Dubnyk but I've never been too impressed with him, but he's still better than Khabbi.

Great game so far, good luck in the third, should be a doozy!

Huh. Never thought of that.

And yeah, this third should be great all around. Hope you lose, though. ;)

OilerNut*

Man positive comment about the oilers and Garrich gets pissed off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad