Pre-Game Talk: I’ll Wait: Sens in YEG @ 8pm Jan 6 2024 on HNIC

Morpheus

nuckin’ futz
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Oak Island - Lot #32

Oilers off until late Saturday on CBC so feel free to post about the upcoming game, roster updates, van halen game day tunes, and of course cat gifs.

IMG_4066.gif

Last edited:

Satoru Gojo

Jan 15, 2012
Sens are my other team

Unfortunately they are really starting to remind me of the 2009-15 Oilers

Kirby

Sponsor
Jan 31, 2009
Edmonton
3 day break followed by a 2 day break after the Oilers played some of the least amount of games in the entire league before New Years.
By the end of the month, the Oilers will have the following games in hand on the teams we are chasing or battling:

Nashville - 6 Games (currently 3 in hand)
Arizona - 3 Games (currently 1 in hand)
LA - 3 Games (currently LA has 1 game in hand)
Vegas - 5 Games (currently 3 in hand)
Vancouver - 4 Games (currently 2 in hand)
Seattle - 5 Games** (currently 3 in hand)
St. Louis - 4 Games (currently 1 in hand)
Minnesota - 4 Games (currently 1 in hand)
Calgary (haha not really, but it's funny anyways) - 4 Games (currently 2 in hand)

This scheduling is outright nuts.

**Slowest ninja edit of all time. 5 games in hand not 8, thanks for the catch everyone!

Last edited:

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Sens are my other team

Yeah, wtf is going on with them? I thought they might actually be a bubble team this season. More pain in Buffalo (extend the record?) and Red Wings also looking like they’re getting closer to a pre-McDavid Oilers rebuild. Both teams expected to take steps forward this year

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Sens are my other team

People crap on Dorion but I look at their roster and Its hard to believe they are as bad as they are.

It’s really hard for some franchises to pull themselves out of the gutter. Ottawa, Buffalo and Detroit all there. Meanwhile Boston keeps rolling with a pretty meh roster minus a few players.

Just a DoD culture going on in Ottawa. Doesn’t look like Martin is going to pull them out anytime time soon.

Now its time for the Oilers to bury them.

Also whats up with the schedule.

Last edited:

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
By the end of the month, the Oilers will have the following games in hand on the teams we are chasing or battling:

Seattle - 8 Games (currently 3 in hand)
Calgary (haha not really, but it's funny anyways) - 4 Games (currently 2 in hand)

Feb-Apr is a pretty tight schedule. April is just ridiculous, like the schedule maker realizing the Oilers have a ton of games to make up, so has us playing 6 games in 9 days against five playoff contention teams. Great way to get exhausted before the playoffs even start.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario

Seattle - 8 Games (currently 3 in hand)

If there is a positive it might be to keep the team from becoming complacent about their position. There is a real urgency in their game right now and I think part of it comes from the fear of not making the playoffs. For this team that would simply not be acceptable.

The schedule this month lines up well for them closing ground even with fewer games played. Arizona for example has a tough January in front of them. It would be nice to see the Oilers put them firmly in the rear view mirror with the 3 games in their pocket for a future cushion.

It does look to me though like your numbers are off for Seattle though. By my count they play 12 more games this month to the Oilers 10.

Zguy370

Dec 25, 2007
Sens are my other team

My other team as well. Really thought they would be fighting for a playoff spot this season, they looked pretty good on paper, but that leg injury to Thomas Chabot was devas ting for them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad