Hypothetical Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
This can help resolve a lot of the debate regarding the "Top 10" and "% Based" methods of evaluating offensive production.

Hypothetical Question:

In 1954 Player X finishes 3rd in assists with 50 assists. Player Y led the league with 70 assists.

In 1996 Player A finishes 11th with 50 assists. Player B led the league with 65 assists.

Who had a more impressive season Player X or player A??

You can move this to the HOH section if you feel necessary.

*Best Playmaking Season*

Last edited:

Hawkey Town 18

Jun 29, 2009
Chicago, IL
Shouldn't we know how many goals they scored? Even if you're just talking about playmaking, I give more credit to a guy that can contribute goals while being a playmaker than a guy who barely scores any goals. Sometimes the right play to make is shooting.

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Where's the option for, "Who cares how many assists they got. How many points did they get?" :laugh:

Seriously though, there's a reason it was a big deal when Henrik Sedin won the Art Ross, yet nobody cared that he "won" an "assists title."

markrander87

Jan 22, 2010
Shouldn't we know how many goals they scored? Even if you're just talking about playmaking, I give more credit to a guy that can contribute goals while being a playmaker than a guy who barely scores any goals. Sometimes the right play to make is shooting.

This poll is based strictly on playmaking finishes, as per the original debate. Who Had the best Playmaking season?

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
a) I agree with the others that assists are not nearly as meaningful as total point production.
b) 71% and 77% are so close to the same thing that this proves very little, but have fun.
c) please repost this somewhere where it will get actual traffic - like the HOH section.
d) please refer to my last post in the assassination thread for a more fair and balanced hypothetical situation to post.
e) you still need to know who the leader was, and the leader is often an outlier, which is why it's a "vs. #2" comparison and not "vs. #1"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad