Hypothetical: Penguins 1st rounder?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I picked "make the pick" but I will qualify that by saying what is the cost of trading up ? what do we get for trading down ? had anyone interesting slipped ?

Basically it's impossible to answer the question with a meaningful answer.

I am open to all of them .

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
I picked "make the pick" but I will qualify that by saying what is the cost of trading up ? what do we get for trading down ? had anyone interesting slipped ?

I know some are staunchly opposed to trading any picks, but with 3 second round picks next year, we probably have the assets to move up a fair amount. Maybe this is the year they target someone in the bottom half of the top 10.

With 12 picks already, I'm curious to see if anyone else thinks the situation has changed since last year when it was all about accumulating.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Make the pick please.

We have a ton of picks already this year. 2017 could be leaner with 3rd picks going to Detroit and N.J. respectively.

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto

Yeah, it's impossible to know until draft day. Trading up and down is usually a result of how the draft unfolds.

cobra77

Feb 17, 2014
Alberta
trade

I would like to keep that pick but trade the 3 2nds in 2017 + holland to get another top 10 in this draft cause next yrs draft is not very good If leafs get picks 1 7 17 31 this yr we wont have to worry about next yr take matthews at #1 sergachev at 7 jones or brown at 17 and stanley or mete at 31

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Happy to just make the pick, but would balk at moving down or up. With so many picks we could use them to move up and still have plenty to give to Hunter. If there is a decent deal make it, but not out of desperation.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I would try and trade up from the Penguins pick for a Sergachev/Nylander/McLeod. That being said, I don't think there's a big difference between those guys and Fabbro/Jost/Keller, so the price to move up from Pittsburgh's pick has to be reasonable.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Would like to move up to draft Joulevi/Nylander

people need to get this type of thing out of there heads were not trading up from 15-20 where the pens pick will be to a top 10 pick imo. were not going to be able to move up there by simply moving a 2nd round pick it would take significant assets to do so, which I doubt we would do.

Trade up Quality >> Quantity

trading a 2nd for example at times gets you maybe 4-5 spots is the Quality much better to warrant trading up? I'm not so sure.

I don't see why we would trade down, no need to be adding more picks, so it's either stand pat(most likely scenario) or move up.

Dough72

Sep 3, 2008
curious how far Bozak or jvr could move that pick up for a GM desperate to keep his job and make the playoffs next season

DD03

3D
Mar 15, 2010
Don't really think lots of teams are willing to move down in that area, unless you're coughing up a lot. We've got the picks, but we also need the prospects. Would hope for 1 of the big three, then a good defenseman with this pick like Bean.

cupcrazyman

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Aug 14, 2006
Leafland
I would like to keep that pick but trade the 3 2nds in 2017 + holland to get another top 10 in this draft cause next yrs draft is not very good If leafs get picks 1 7 17 31 this yr we wont have to worry about next yr take matthews at #1 sergachev at 7 jones or brown at 17 and stanley or mete at 31

that"s too much & you should be fired. :laugh:

Leafsbeast*

I'd be furious if we traded down again.

Try to trade up, if not, make the pick.

Agreed. We did it last year because the Leafs wanted Hunter and Dubas to have more picks. We have plenty of picks this year. Time to move up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad