Hypothetical: Leafs better with Tavares or Stamkos?

Would the Leafs be a better team with Stamkos or Tavares? Same contract for either.

• Total voters

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
*At 5on5

You forgot that addendum, because it's not like Stamkos gets to play with Kucherov or Point regularly (or even semi-regularly) outside of the powerplay.

So Stamkos gets the edge in terms of PP linemates, but I don't know how you can suggest he also gets the edge at even strength.

I don’t know about Tavares but Stamkos doesn’t have to play against top lines which definitely helps him a lot even if he isn’t with Kuch or Point.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Give me Stamkos anyday, he started this Lightning success with that contract by not chasing money.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
*At 5on5

You forgot that addendum, because it's not like Stamkos gets to play with Kucherov or Point regularly (or even semi-regularly) outside of the powerplay.

So Stamkos gets the edge in terms of PP linemates, but I don't know how you can suggest he also gets the edge at even strength.

Tavares line is the main target of opposing teams, I'm assuming Kucherov and points like are for Tampa? Maybe the linemates are a non factor though in this case.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I think this question heavily depends on the makeup of your team, but give me Stamkos personally. I'll always lean to the shooter when the players are close to even

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Tavares and Marner have some really good chemistry. Votes Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad