Hypothetical Dan Bylsma All-NHL Roster

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
As an activity, if Dan Bylsma had every player in the NHL available for the creation of an All-Bylsma roster [infused with Bylsma's style, player preference, and strategy], what would it look like?

Only Rules:

Captain: Craig Adams
Alternate: Tanner Glass

Coach/GM/Owner/Player-Coach: Dan Bylsma

Caveat: Adams must be the most skilled player on the team, other than Bylsma himself of course, who was robbed of an Art Ross by about 600 other players every season in his playing days. I lost a lot of money on him.

edit: The team name must be the 'Mighty Disco Balls'.
double edit: Optional Rule: Tanner Glass must be the youngest person on the team.

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Glass-Adams-Glass
Adams-Glass-Adams
Glass-Adams-Glass
Adams-Glass-Engelland

Engo-Engo
Engo-Engo
Engo-(some vet defensman instead of a young dman)

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
an attempt at a non-ironic answer

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Cooke-J.Staal-Lucic
Clutterbuck-Sutter-Prust
Glass-Adams-C. Orr

Letang-Suter
(North American journeyman) x 4

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Glass-Adams-Glass
Adams-Glass-Adams
Glass-Adams-Glass
Adams-Glass-Engelland

Engo-Engo
Engo-Engo
Engo-(some vet defensman instead of a young dman)

Trust me, Orpik is certainly on that 1st pairing getting peppered in shots against.

Imagine the PP that Adams/Glass could run?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
This may have been an interesting exercise if we were looking at it from the "what's the perfect roster for the Penguins' system" point of view.

Instead, it looks like it's just a reason to make fun of Disco.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Oh man, that could have been real....

Considering the money and term Suter asked for, I'm willing to bet that if he had signed here, Letang would be gone anyway.

IcedCapp said:
This may have been an interesting exercise if we were looking at it from the "what's the perfect roster for the Penguins' system" point of view.

Well at that point you might as well just say "Team Canada" or "the All-Star Team" or something. The ideal roster is always going to be the one with the best players in the league on it.

Ovechkin-Crosby-Stamkos...etc

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Considering the money and term Suter asked for, I'm willing to bet that if he had signed here, Letang would be gone anyway.

Well at that point you might as well just say "Team Canada" or "the All-Star Team" or something. The ideal roster is always going to be the one with the best players in the league on it.

Ovechkin-Crosby-Stamkos...etc

if that's how you feel, then the point of this thread is to, what, just bash the coach?

Which, hey, I'm all for, but we do that in every other thread, no?

Mordax

You make it hard
Sep 23, 2009
Victoria, BC
This thread is going to end well...

Wonder how many variations of the same Glass/Adams-related dried up material people can come up with before it gets locked?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad