HYD's 2 year GM Game v1.0- Signup + Discussion

How Ya Drouin

12/08/13 GM GamesRIP
Apr 24, 2013
Ontario
:nhl
RK 17 and HYD's GM Game v1.0
This game will start after dong's. To join the game pm me your top 3 teams you want. You MUST be active to play this game, if you prove to be inactive you could be fired at any time. Include in your PM to me whether or not you want to be a UFA or RFA agent for next offseason and why you should get the job.
[fieldset="Jobs"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Rules"]

BOLDED RULES ARE NEW/MODIFIED FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME
COLOURED RULES ARE IMPORTANT
  • There will be 16 teams. The rest will be dispersed in a 4 round dispersal draft in the 2014 offseason. The top 10 teams will make the playoffs with the six others heading to the KLLR/Rebuilders Cup
  • There will be a cap of $90,000,000
  • No trades have to be sent in. Just post it up.
  • If the league finds a trade too lopsided the trade will be put on hold and the GMs involved must redo the deal. The League's job is not to make the deal fair, just less lopsided.
  • This will be a two year game. This year will be fairly normal, with a trade deadline etc. This will be followed by playoff voting for the 2013/14 season, along with a 2014 NHL draft. Then there will be a dispersal draft and free agency. There will then be a 2014/15 NHL season and playoffs.
  • The team finishing last in the 2014/15 season will have a 9/20 chance of winning McDavid. 2nd last has a 5/20 chance, 3rd last a 3/20 chance, and the rest of the non-playoff teams a 1/20
  • If you would like to get rid of a player's contract, simply post that you are waiving that player and his contract. It will be first come first serve. You can not claim more than three players at once.
  • Once a player is waived he is not required to clear, his contract will be completely gone from your organization.
  • There will be no NTCs for this game.
  • For the first time, capgeek has released an Armchair GM cap calculator. It is recommended you use this: http://capgeek.com/canucks/armchair-gm/?year_id=2013
  • You must post a roster in the roster thread before trading.
  • You must be under the cap by the trading deadlines. If not, punishments including forfeiting of draft picks and possible cap penalties can be put down by the league.
  • I will be looking for RFA and UFA agents for the 2014 off-season years.
  • The team that owns an RFA can match as much as it wants
  • RFA's are automatically qualified
  • To re-sign a player on your team, PM the respective agents for your RFA's.
  • Pending FA's can be found at CapGeek. Try to re-sign in groups, it makes it easier for the agents.
  • Don't skimp out on an offer, if you make a terrible offer the player may not re-sign with you at all.
  • Not all players will re-sign, in fact, the majority will probably test free agency.
  • Any player not re-signed by 11:59 P.M. the day before free agency will enter free agency, and you will not have exclusive rights.
  • Just because you made the first or highest offer for a player during free agency does NOT mean he will sign with you. Many factors go into a player signing so nothing is a sure thing.
    [*]You can offersheet players. I will come up with compensation soon. There will be a limit of 3 offersheets per team.

under 2M - 2nd Entry Draft Pick
    2M-3M - 4th Round Dispersal Pick
    3-6M - 3rd Round Dispersal Pick
    6-8M - 2nd Round Dispersal Pick + 2nd Round Entry Draft Pick
    8-10M - 1st Round Dispersal Pick
    +10M - 1st Round Dispersal Pick + 4th Round Dispersal Pick + 1st Round Entry Draft Pick

• Those players not taken in the dispersal draft will be shipped to the KHL. Ilya Kovalchuk is said to have been pleased at this news.
  • If you have any other questions simply ask me or K2B. It is a two year game so it may get confusing and I've probably left a ton out.
[/fieldset]

[fieldset="Western Conference"][/fieldset]

[fieldset="Eastern Conference"][/fieldset]

Last edited:

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
This actually looks great and I'm pretty upset I don't have the time to really do this. Anybody wanna Co-GM with me?

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
1297414239794_ORIGINAL.jpg

BigBenSF*

wow way to fill up 20 posts with completely irrelevant **** great job guys

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad