Post-Game Talk: Hydrocarbons @ Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
Our losses this season so far have been to San Jose, Pittsburgh, New York, Detroit, Calgary and Dallas. With the exception of Calgary, those are all good teams.

On the other hand, we've been able to blow out the bad teams. It's a little worrying that we keep losing to teams that we might meet in the playoffs but it's really good to know we aren't playing down to our opponents level like the Caps of 08-11.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Good chance for the offense to keep rolling against another defensively suspect team.

6-1 Caps.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Our losses this season so far have been to San Jose, Pittsburgh, New York, Detroit, Calgary and Dallas. With the exception of Calgary, those are all good teams.

On the other hand, we've been able to blow out the bad teams. It's a little worrying that we keep losing to teams that we might meet in the playoffs but it's really good to know we aren't playing down to our opponents level like the Caps of 08-11.

No reason to worry about that, last year Washington beat anahiem and Chicago twice and pitt 3/4 times and more. Really means nothing just as long as you get in

Dr John Carlson

Dec 21, 2011
Nova Scotia
oIJTRay.png

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
#92 has been on a tear so far this season and we know how much he loves playing against the Hydrocarbons, expecting a big game from him.

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
This has got trap game written all over it.

Caps scored 7 goals a couple games ago - and this is the team Kuzy scored 5 points on early in the year in Edmonton.

I really hope the Caps don't come out tonight and try to play cute/make extra passes/etc just b/c they came off a great offensive game and the last time they played Edmonton there were like 40 goals scored...

Teams at the NHL still play with pride - and Edmonton is not going to want to get embarrassed again.

Caps will have to play well tonight to get 2 points.

4thTierSport

Feb 15, 2009

It is a concern but Detriot, Dallas and Pittsburgh were a bounce or two the other way from a win. Also turned around and beat Detroit. On the other hand, NJ, Chi, Van and Det are all playoff teams.

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I think Oilers will play boring road game, will be very conservative and well prepared, especially after we embarrassed them on our first meeting and after the Orly goal, coz teams don't want to be on the receiving end of that and plus as somebody mentioned above, teams in nhl have pride.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Doesn't the meaning trap game mean that they are looking forward to someone else? Are they really gonna overlook Edmonton for Winnipeg?

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Trotzky wasn't happy about how wide open the last game was against the 'Carbons. 2-1 Caps in OT.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Orpik in tonight?

nope, also burakovsky out and galiev in again

couple things on trotz/burakovsky

“The one thing players, especially young players, don’t understand is that it is a privilege to play in the National Hockey League,†Trotz said. “It’s a privilege to be in the lineup. It’s not a right. Sometimes, they feel it’s a right, and I’m not saying Andre does, but I’m just saying young players do.â€

He’s just got to clear his mind,†Trotz said. “He’s a young guy who’s thinking about a lot of things. I just talked to him about just worrying about his own game and not worrying about all the other stuff. He’s getting frustrated over things he doesn’t need to get frustrated over. He’s over-thinking things, and what he needs to do i just concentrate on his own game.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad