Hutton tries to knee McDavid and gets embarrassed

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
"Knee" McDavid? Really nice move by McDavid here but lets be careful with our word choice..

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
First, he tries to shoulder check* McDavid. Second, damn can McDavid skate and keep aware of his surrondings. Third, chill Felicia.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
"Knee" McDavid? Really nice move by McDavid here but lets be careful with our word choice..

Yeah I'm not sure he tried to knee McDavid there, I think he went for a hit.

Anyways, McDavid dazzled tonight as usual. Multiple "oohs and awwwws" from the crowd in Vancouver tonight. Could have easily had 3 assists, Eberle hits the post and numerous set ups in prime scoring areas.

The Oilers really need to find a finisher for him, he can make someone a 50 goal scorer with the amount of plays he generates time after time.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016

What would you describe that leg movement as?

Not the first body part to go flying in the game..

It certainly wouldn't be a pre-season game between the two teams without a Canuck injuring an Oiler.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
So we're going to see threads about McDavid avoiding your standard open ice check? Your Oiler brethren are going to love this. :sarcasm:

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

It certainly wouldn't be a pre-season game between the two teams without a Canuck injuring an Oiler.

Right. Your team lost ... now I understand this thread.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams

Lol why're you saying these horrible things about the Canucks! ... Better roll out one of: Kassian, Maroon, and/or Lucic...:popcorn:

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
So we're going to see threads about McDavid avoiding your standard open ice check? Your Oiler brethren are going to love this. :sarcasm:

"Standard" :laugh:

And apparently threads about Reinhart's foot speed in the AHL is fine?

I would much rather discuss McDavid's dangles thanks.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009

You can pause the video at the time of the hit and it's pretty clear he leads the hit with the body. His leg might seem a bit wobbly only because he missed the initial contact, and I highly doubt Hutton had dirty intentions here. The kid is a teddy bear.

Nice of you to instantly go into attack mode and post an irrelevant video of our AHL fodder though.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Meh, I can see how the play could be seen as going for the knee at first glance. But if you look at Hutton's upper body he's clearly trying to hit him but McDavid's skating is just miles ahead of Hutton's. And Hutton is a good skater.

Damn McDavid is going to be good. Really good. Looking forward to getting scored on lots.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Yeah I'm not sure he tried to knee McDavid there, I think he went for a hit.

Anyways, McDavid dazzled tonight as usual. Multiple "oohs and awwwws" from the crowd in Vancouver tonight. Could have easily had 3 assists, Eberle hits the post and numerous set ups in prime scoring areas.

The Oilers really need to find a finisher for him, he can make someone a 50 goal scorer with the amount of plays he generates time after time.

Yep. It's going to be a guy that knows how to read off him, get to the right places and be willing to exploit scoring chances when McDavid is drawing a crowd of defenders to him. I thought Lucic deferred to him too much in this game, but there's a whole season to figure things out and a host of decent wingers to choose from.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
First, he tries to shoulder check* McDavid. Second, damn can McDavid skate and keep aware of his surrondings. Third, chill Felicia.

He does stuff like that every single game.

I think Nucks fans watch the Oilers a fair amount and are generally some of the biggest McDavid supporters from opposing teams. That was par for the course. He's incredible and can skate faster with puck control better than anyone else. Nothing new.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Yep. It's going to be a guy that knows how to read off him, get to the right places and be willing to exploit scoring chances when McDavid is drawing a crowd of defenders to him. I thought Lucic deferred to him too much in this game, but there's a whole season to figure things out and a host of decent wingers to choose from.

First preseason game for Lucic. Anyways, it'll be the McDavid-Pulju show down the road, Pulju might be the only player who can skate nearly as fast as McDavid that we have. Nurse might be somewhat close.

No one touches McDavids speed with the puck though, he's faster with the puck than without.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
He does stuff like that every single game.

I think Nucks fans watch the Oilers a fair amount and are generally some of the biggest McDavid supporters from opposing teams. That was par for the course. He's incredible and can skate faster with puck control better than anyone else. Nothing new.

I know ... this thread makes no sense. There's probably almost as many McDavid fans on the Canucks board as there are on the Oilers. ha ha. Such a fun player to watch.

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Indeed. Yet here we are in a thread you created. It seems any loss is enough to bother you. Any threads on the goal Hutton scored that for some reason didn't count?

There is a mainboard thread already...

And even that is funny because it is a meaningless game.

Canucks taking runs at Oilers however, not so meaningless.

I can post Khaira laying out Gudbranson too if you want, that was hilarious.

And losing doesn't bother as much anymore obviously. :laugh:

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I know ... this thread makes no sense. There's probably almost as many McDavid fans on the Canucks board as there are on the Oilers. ha ha. Such a fun player to watch.

I know, you guys are some of his biggest fans. I've met lots of Canucks fans and they almost seem like bigger fans of his than some Oiler fans :laugh:.

You guys actually get to watch him game in and game out more than other teams. Don't worry about it, that was just Hutton stepping up and getting side stepped. Definitely don't think he was going for a knee on knee Marchment style.

Smeagoal

Jun 12, 2015
In my dreams
He did. The Canucks always pull this garbage in pre-season games against the Oilers.

Yes, we specifically ice our goons against you Oilers. You think this is bad? this is pre-season..just wait until the Sedins start roughing things up. You'll have to bring this thread back to the main page. :help:

McDavidbowie

Mar 2, 2016
Bro that looked to me like a Dman just stepping up, McDavid just does what he does.

Huttons a clean player.

Hall was considered a clean player before he caught clutterbuck in almost exactly the same way.

And this isn't about calling Hutton dirty. He made a silly mistake and McJesus walked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad