GDT: Hurricanes vs Montreal: The Return of the High Effort GDT

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Sebastian AhOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Sebastian Aho Hearts.jpg

Aho would probably have like 1000 points if he got to play with this line all season.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
It was one of the changes they made during the latest CBA. TBH I sort of miss the unlimited length deals. It was the wild west out there. Rick DiPietro got a 15 year deal (and the Islanders bought him out a few years into it, so they'll be paying him a cool $1.5 million a year until 2029).
I got such a kick out of him being on the TSN panel I think it was for free agency day a year or two ago where he got asked about it and he absolutely **railed** against the escrow during the Covid repay time because it took an outsize chunk out of his check and he was not happy about it…. The little guys on entry level deals always get hit harder on a big escrow percentage as so many of the big guys have worked their deals to try to avoid any escrow they can get away with…

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I got such a kick out of him being on the TSN panel I think it was for free agency day a year or two ago where he got asked about it and he absolutely **railed** against the escrow during the Covid repay time because it took an outsize chunk out of his check and he was not happy about it…. The little guys on entry level deals always get hit harder on a big escrow percentage as so many of the big guys have worked their deals to try to avoid any escrow they can get away with…
No, the little guys don't get hit harder. It's a percentage. Same percentage. The richer players have more money to lose, but the percentages do not get larger the less you make.

What you saw was an NHL player being very, very bad at understanding basic math. Which is most of them. Players have historically been very, very stupid about what escrow is and how it's connected to the cap and league revenues, to the point where the NHLPA had to conduct seminars in recent years. The players used to always use the cap escalator thinking it gave them free money, but then complained about escrow got larger- because they had just voted to increase the cap well above the 50-50 split, requiring escrow to make up the difference.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00