GDT: Hurricanes vs Detroit 3/28

Wolfpuck

Chefnikov
Jun 25, 2006
The 919
Orloff Light Vodka / 1.75 Ltr
Is that a plastic bottle? That’s how you know it’s good.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Game summary stats…. 2 penalties for Detroit, 2 penalties for Carolina…..

No one can watch that game back, see the facial injuries from multiple high sticks, look at the boarding and cross checks, etc etc and see the dominant play of Canes versus Detroit and think that there should be only 4 total penalties called in that game….

It’s not just the ones called, it’s the ones not called. This crew should have to answer publicly for their performance tonight.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

No one can watch that game back, see the facial injuries from multiple high sticks, look at the boarding and cross checks, etc etc and see the dominant play of Canes versus Detroit and think that there should be only 4 total penalties called in that game….

It’s not just the ones called, it’s the ones not called. This crew should have to answer publicly for their performance tonight.
LOL they won't even have to answer privately. In fact they'll probably get back pats

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

It’s interesting. I was browsing the net earlier, and I read about “The Wideman Effect.”

In case you weren’t aware, Dennis Wideman intentionally injured an official back in 2016. His intentions were very obvious, coming shortly after what he believed to be a missed call.

Now Wideman was initially suspended 20 games for this play (reduced to 10 on the appeal), but that’s not where the story ends. Here are the penalties on the Flames before and after the injury, and the season after.

Calgary's penalties/game
Season before: 2.63 (29th in the league)
Before the ref injury: 2.62
After the ref injury: 3.88
Season after: 3.93 (1st in league)

Now Brian Burke (President of Hockey Operations for the Flames at the time) mentioned in his book that he eventually took those numbers, set up a meeting with Bettman and the head of officiating, showed them the drastic change and basically said “Knock it off or I take it to the media and let the league deal with the shitstorm that follows.” It seems to have worked.

I wonder how bad it has to be for someone in our organization to do the same thing.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
It’s interesting. I was browsing the net earlier, and I read about “The Wideman Effect.”

In case you weren’t aware, Dennis Wideman intentionally injured an official back in 2016. His intentions were very obvious, coming shortly after what he believed to be a missed call.

Now Wideman was initially suspended 20 games for this play (reduced to 10 on the appeal), but that’s not where the story ends. Here are the penalties on the Flames before and after the injury, and the season after.

Calgary's penalties/game
Season before: 2.63 (29th in the league)
Before the ref injury: 2.62
After the ref injury: 3.88
Season after: 3.93 (1st in league)

Now Brian Burke (President of Hockey Operations for the Flames at the time) mentioned in his book that he eventually took those numbers, set up a meeting with Bettman and the head of officiating, showed them the drastic change and basically said “Knock it off or I take it to the media and let the league deal with the shitstorm that follows.” It seems to have worked.

I wonder how bad it has to be for someone in our organization to do the same thing.

Worse.

And I still say an accidental puck or two to the face needs to happen.

Sometimes you get what you deserve.

Reactions: Stickpucker

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014

What's really weird is we get this game management stuff then we have games vs the rongos or Bruins and have parades to the box foe minor stuff.

Reactions: Discipline Daddy

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
It’s wild to me how Detroit was even sniffing the playoffs at one point. They’re soft, their captain’s brain is mush, and their back end and goaltending are both meh. Worse than meh. Maybe I’ve been desensitized. Carolina always great, Ottawa always awful, I’ve lost all sense of perspective.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad