News Article: Hurricanes statement on Jordan Staal

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Really sad to hear this. Jordan is a good guy and I wish nothing but the best for him and his family.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
As a father who has a newborn and a 2 year old, this really hits home. I couldn’t imagine what they’re going through. Thoughts are with their family for sure.
Yeah my brother has a 2yr old and a newborn as well, about two weeks old. As an uncle I would be devastated. I can't even begin to imagine what a parent would go through. I hope I never ever find out. I hope you never do as well.

Reactions: OnMyOwn

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I don't like getting personal on the net, but what the hell... My daughter was born dead through emergency C-section and remained dead for 10 minutes. After years of worrying about brain damage (still do) it turns out the kid is some kind of photo graphic memory savant. Speaks 3 languages, english spanish and asl. She's 4.
But it was a life changing shock that was tough to get over then the depression. Depends how he takes it, but for me it was the worst thing to ever happen to me and the best at the same time. It's quiet a shocker man.

DeadPuckEra

Dec 19, 2014
I don't like getting personal on the net, but what the hell... My daughter was born dead through emergency C-section and remained dead for 10 minutes. After years of worrying about brain damage (still do) it turns out the kid is some kind of photo graphic memory savant. Speaks 3 languages, english spanish and asl. She's 4.
But it was a life changing shock that was tough to get over then the depression. Depends how he takes it, but for me it was the worst thing to ever happen to me and the best at the same time. It's quiet a shocker man.

Glad she’s doing well.

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
man, I wouldn't blame Staal if he didn't come back this season......
Agree. You have to grieve, and you have to keep moving. There is no way to ever fully get over it and everyone's timetable is different.
All the best to Jordan and his Family.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I can not even imagine how that feels. I have a 4 year old daughter, 3 year old son, and got a new addition not to long ago with my second daughter who is now 5 months. Even thinking about how this must feel puts a black hole straight through me. I only hope that Jordan finds what ever he needs to find to get though this horrible event.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Yeah. I said my peace on the main boards thread so no need to repeat here.

But, as has been mentioned, this is dreadful news.

Thoughts to the Staal family.
RIP Hannah

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
As others have said, this is devastating news and my heart goes out to Jordan and his family. I have a 2.5 year old son and another one coming in April. I can't imagine the pain that he's going through. Praying for his family.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Puts hockey (and all games) in its proper perspective. Brutal.

And to be honest...

...now think about all the other infants and little kids we see dying on the news every day (Syria, etc). Now imagine a parent not losing one infant but 2 or 3 kids. Mind-boggling but that stuff is common in some parts.

Maybe the millennial and following generation will be better at doing something about it than mine and my predecessors were... while the Staal's situation is just terrible luck, many others are avoidable. Should never happen in 2018.

Last edited:

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
One of my closer friends, his wife had a miscarriage last year.

They really didn't want to talk about it, and were very guarded about who they even told, since most people didn't even know that the erstwhile mother was even pregnant.

I can't even imagine what it would feel like to go through that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad