Pre-Game Talk: Hurricanes @ Senators March 31: 7.30 pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Answer

Dec 17, 2006
Edmonton
Wouldn't Da Costa be a better option, given it's Spezza who has to be replaced?

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Michalek - Da Costa - Hemsky

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Condra

Smith with

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
:( Spezza. We need all our big guns firing right now. Hope the team steps up.

blahblah3

Jan 8, 2010
Wouldn't Da Costa be a better option, given it's Spezza who has to be replaced?

MacArthur - Turris - Stone

Michalek - Da Costa - Hemsky

Hoffman - Zibanejad - Condra

Smith with

No, Zibanejad has been playing well and knows what Hemsky is going to do out there more than Da costa. Plus he was very good with Michalek earlier in the season.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Are the Canes and Sens somewhat rivals? I was surprised to see Carolina has the 7th most fights in their history against Ottawa, but i don't see any reason why they would be rivals.

Just trying to figure out the intensity level for this one.

Last edited:

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I know we have not been that successful in Carolina and need a win but i see the lack of Spezza as a tactical move. We have known Spezza has back issues and needed maintenance days throughout the year especaily on back to back nights and looking at this week if he absolutely needed a day off the Islanders game would be ideal but due to the two back to backs this week you almost choose between wanting Spezza for NYR or Carolina in which the right choice has been made.

Cowen on the other hand is a mystery...i mean i could totally understand the fake maintenance day if Chris Phillips was not on our team pointing goals out he is about to concede, at least there is a slight glimmer of hope with Jared.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
No Spezza, Greening, or Ryan gives us a chance to experiment. I want to see

Mac-Turris-Hoffman
Stone-Zibanejad-Hemsky
Michalek-Pageau-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Neil

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I know we have not been that successful in Carolina and need a win but i see the lack of Spezza as a tactical move. We have known Spezza has back issues and needed maintenance days throughout the year especaily on back to back nights and looking at this week if he absolutely needed a day off the Islanders game would be ideal but due to the two back to backs this week you almost choose between wanting Spezza for NYR or Carolina in which the right choice has been made.

Cowen on the other hand is a mystery...i mean i could totally understand the fake maintenance day if Chris Phillips was not on our team pointing goals out he is about to concede, at least there is a slight glimmer of hope with Jared.

Haha he was pointing a lot last night made me really nervous. Cowen actually tends to do this too, another reg flag.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
I was going to to say do i choose Sens hockey, Masterchef Canada or the final of How i met your mother, but my wife has informed me we have to go out and look at new cars:shakehead

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Mac-Turris-Hoffman
Stone-Zibanejad-Hemsky
Michalek-Pageau-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Neil

I actually reallly like those lines. A LOT. Switch Stone and Hoffman if there isn't instant chemistry or Michalek and Stone.

Pageau-Stone are excellent together.

I was going to to say do i choose Sens hockey, Masterchef Canada or the final of How i met your mother, but my wife has informed me we have to go out and look at new cars:shakehead

Mango, how can you let her do that do you.

Hockey>Everything.

Berserker*

It's a must-win game, and the coaching staff/GMs/medical personnel know it. The only reason Spezza would be held out would be if the injury is more serious than they're letting on. Bad news.

You also can't trade an injured player. So it is best for this organization to keep him out both to keep trade options open and ensure that he is healthy going into the off season and next season if they decide to keep him.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I am definitely looking forward to Zibanejad playing with Hemsky, if that is how it actually shakes down. It will probably be a fantastic chance to see exactly where Zibby's development is at right now.

Go Sens!

Berserker*

Mac-Turris-Hoffman
Stone-Zibanejad-Hemsky
Michalek-Pageau-Condra
Kassian-Smith-Neil

Why would you break up the Stone-Turris-MacArthur line? Stone fits on that line way better than Hoffman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad