OT - NO POLITICS Hurricanes, school buses, pumpkin spice oh my.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
You'd think that region would have learned from Katrina to invest in infrastructure and whatnot.

Hope everyone down there is okay, but its mind boggling that its starting to feel like a freaking repeat of Katrina

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
You'd think that region would have learned from Katrina to invest in infrastructure and whatnot.

Hope everyone down there is okay, but its mind boggling that its starting to feel like a freaking repeat of Katrina
They invested in the levees but not the power grid :/

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Entergy said due to catastrophic damage to their transmission system, all of Orleans Parish is currently without power.

• As a result of Hurricane Ida’s catastrophic intensity, all eight transmission lines that deliver power into the New Orleans area are currently out of service. When this occurred, it caused a load imbalance in the area and resulted in generation in the area coming offline.
  • We are currently working to assess damage and identify a path forward to restore power, to those who can take it, in the area.
  • We have provided back-up generation to the New Orleans Sewerage and Water Board.
  • Power will not be restored this evening, but we will continue work to remedy.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Idk if there are any bruins fans or fans of other teams that frequent this board that live down in the states affected, but if you see this my prayers go out to you and your families. Hoping for your safety!

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Seeing reports on Twitter that several levees south of the city have either been overtopped, or have failed completely.
Just heard someone on WDSU New Orleans say that he left b/c the levees aren't finished and don't have any vegetation on them so it is pure mud

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Sadly New Orleans and the state of Louisiana only care about downtown and the French Quarter.

New Orleans population dropped 50% after Katrina

upload_2021-8-29_22-34-34.png

This could kill the city for good :cry:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Hancock County, MS is getting so many tornado warnings because of the storm. They are coming one after another.

Hancock County is where Gulfport and Biloxi are

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
My friend said his family seems to be ok in Slidell which is on the north shore of the lake. I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad