GDT: Hurricanes @ Penguins 10/8/13 7:00PM

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Here's another crappy GDT placeholder. I'm hoping that Chicago Made Punk is okay, but don't yell at me for a lack of quality here.

Last Year's Meetings

April 27th, 2013 --- Hurricanes @ Penguins, 8-3 loss
April 9th, 2013 --- Penguins @ Hurricanes, 5-3 loss
February 28th, 2013 --- Penguins @ Hurricanes, 4-3 win

Metropolitan Division Standings

Pittsburgh Penguins 2-0-0 4
Carolina Hurricanes 1-0-1 3
New York Islanders 1-0-1 3
New York Rangers 1-1-0 2
Columbus Blue Jackets 1-1-0 2
Washington Capitals 1-2-0 2
New Jersey Devils 0-1-2 2
Philadelphia Flyers 0-3-0 0

Leading Scorers

Pittsburgh

Matt Niskanen 0g, 3a
Sidney Crosby 2g, 0a
Craig Adams 2g, 0a
Chuck Kobasew 2g, 0a
Pascal Dupuis 0g, 2a

Carolina

Jeff Skinner 0g, 3a
Radek Dvorak 2g, 0a
Jay Harrison 1g, 1a
Justin Faulk 0g, 2a
Nathan Gerbe 1g, 0a

In their second ever Metropolitan Division showdown, the Canes look to prove they can run with the big boys, and propel themselves forward in the standings. Based on the largely accurate sample size of two games, this team is exceedingly better than years past, and a lock to make the playoffs.

Look for Sidney Crosby, Pascal Dupuis, and Chris Kunitz to engulf Justin Faulk, as he continues to prove why he isn't legit enough to be counted on with Pitkanen out for the year and Gleason recovering from a concussion. In addition, expect at least one point from each of Brandon Sutter and Jussi Jokinen, and at least one shortside WTF goal allowed by Ward off the stick of Evgeni Malkin.

Expected lines:

Tlusty-E Staal-Semin
Gerbe-J Staal-Dwyer
Skinner-Nash-Dvorak
Sutter-Lindholm-Bowman

Sekera-Faulk
Harrison-Murphy
Bellemore-Hainsey

Ward

Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis
Jokinen-Malkin-Bennett
Jeffrey-Sutter-Kobasew
Glass-Vitale-Adams

Orpik-Martin
Scuderi-Niskanen
Maatta-Bortuzzo (I suppose)

Fleury

nobuddy

Oct 13, 2010
Nowhere
I'll be alright, thanks. Just have a disease that requires me to go in for day long treatments when it acts up. Sorry I couldn't get it done.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Your name is PublicEnemey and your shoddy GDTs are our enemy. Clearly, you should change your avatar to your face.

Your other punishment was me starting Tony Romo against you in fantasy football. MUAHAHAHAHA

Or me, for the second time out of my three losses, having the second highest scoring team only to match up against the highest scoring team.

Oh, and Victor Cruz being a worthless piece of **** when I need him to play well. Well, the Giants in general, but that's besides the point.

I'll make it.

Be my guest. :sarcasm:

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Or me, for the second time out of my three losses, having the second highest scoring team only to match up against the highest scoring team.

Oh, and Victor Cruz being a worthless piece of **** when I need him to play well. Well, the Giants in general, but that's besides the point.

Cruz is a great receiver, you gotta consider who is throwing him the ball though.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Cruz is a great receiver, you gotta consider who is throwing him the ball though.

I'm not denying either part of this statement. He's just come up short on the days when I need him not to, same situation as last year.

I have nothing against Cruz as a person or a player, but damn it, my fantasy team matters!:laugh:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
How about we all chip in and buy PE a few sessions with a dominatrix? :laugh:

e31.jpg

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
You're the one that mentioned needing to be punished and addressing THH as "Master." I'm just the guy that exploited that for a cheap laugh. :laugh:

Fair enough.

EDIT: I'm going to remove the second part of that post. It's rather insensitive.

Last edited:

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Anyway, I'll be cheering on the 'Canes for this one. We need the win more than the Pens now. This means the next Canes-Pens game I turn heel and break out my Pens gear. I do, however, fully expect Jussi to have his way with us.

Last edited:

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Anyway, I'll be cheering on the 'Canes for this one. We need the win more than the Pens now. This means the next Canes-Pens game I turn heel and break out my Pens gear. I do, however, fully expect Jussi to have his way with us.

....30-day posting ban from the Canes board?:sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad