OT: Hurricanes Lounge XXXVIII: The giving (you the finger) tree

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
@Negan4Coach

“Hey I tried to f***en warn y'all last night, but nooooo”

You, and others did, but Most of us didn’t need warning, and I certainly didn’t need warning, nor did I engage. But go back and look. It was your partner in crime that got the ball rolling with his post that set everything off. That’s who your comment should be directed at.

Either way, it’s over now thankfully.

Reactions: Blueline Bomber

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
002C455D-EFA6-4FDA-A021-7E916A90EF92.jpeg
67B8900A-2212-46CA-B12D-5DF70E3030FC.jpeg

Hoping to have to pulled down into the burn pile in the field tomorrow

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Glad I had my truck yesterday, 4x4 low and lockers. Yanked down a Bradford Pear leaning towards the house
Ah, the bane of Cary.

I was in a neighborhood about 15 years old when the Bradford Pears started splitting under their own weight.

We brought out a landscaper for many yard tasks and asked what the process was to apply to the town to take it out and replace it with a crepe myrtle. He laughed at us, saying even Cary wouldn't chase after us for replacing an old Bradford Pear with a better tree without "permission."

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Ah, the bane of Cary.

I was in a neighborhood about 15 years old when the Bradford Pears started splitting under their own weight.

We brought out a landscaper for many yard tasks and asked what the process was to apply to the town to take it out and replace it with a crepe myrtle. He laughed at us, saying even Cary wouldn't chase after us for replacing an old Bradford Pear with a better tree without "permission."
I’m in Gaston County. But they are the worst trees ever

C91E4931-B3C5-4AD9-842E-73883B3333DA.jpeg

That dark spot is the branch spot that hit our house the day before we closed.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
I’m in Gaston County. But they are the worst trees ever

View attachment 576012

That dark spot is the branch spot that hit our house the day before we closed.
sorry about that. My dumb mind thought we were going from a middle finger tree to a tree with a hole between its limbs. Glad I read the context. i guess, giving the story, it is a butthole tree

• Haha
Reactions: Unsustainable

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Our neighbor at our last house had one that had a branch split off and land on our fence. The fence was pretty worn out, so the repair wasn't noticeable, but those things are no joke.

Her tree guy was out there a week later tearing out the rest of it. Sadly, she also had a tree line of either arborvitaes or cypresses, and the Bradford had grown so big that it was blocking the sun from hitting them. The entire row was green on the opposite side but brown on her side. Her backyard looked like a bomb went off when the tree guy left.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
That is my go-to video whenever someone asks "What's the most embarrassed you've ever been for someone else?"

[And the Robert Hughes series "American Visions" that it comes from is worth finding and watching.]

I learned about this clip from Opie and Anthony :laugh:

Reactions: Bub

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
That is my go-to video whenever someone asks "What's the most embarrassed you've ever been for someone else.
My top 3 favorite thing in Finnish language is that we have a word for this.

"By-shame".

Reactions: Bub and Porvari
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad