Hurricanes Lounge XXXIV: I've had it with these mother f***ing snakes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
My sister is going to die, it's inevitable now. Doctor told us we should get a DNR order ready. She's only 39. Her kids are age 14 and 11.

This is a f***ing nightmare. Please take all the necessary steps to protect yourself from this virus. If that means you have to become a shut-in, then become a shut-in.
So sorry to hear this, for you and her entire family that's devastating

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
My sister is going to die, it's inevitable now. Doctor told us we should get a DNR order ready. She's only 39. Her kids are age 14 and 11.

This is a f***ing nightmare. Please take all the necessary steps to protect yourself from this virus. If that means you have to become a shut-in, then become a shut-in.

Terrible news. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Reactions: Stickpucker

toastmasterbone

Mar 14, 2013
mebbin

Good Lord. I'm so deeply sorry to hear this, Robo. Truly.

Reactions: Tryamw

hockeynjune

Just a soft breeze
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2021

Damn man, That is heart breaking. I am so sorry for you and your family.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina

:(

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Always interesting sitting around with dilated eyes. I’m so f***ing bored right now. And I hope I’m typing what I think I am.

Omg this place has a water fountain running and some dude actually just used it.

there’s a phone next to me. Like a landline. Why? Who’s taking a call in a sunroom off the waiting room? Patients or doctors? It flummoxes me.

HGTV. Sponsoring doctors offices everywhere.

Theres a little old dude wearing a hat with a feather in it. I don’t want to be too dramatic but honestly I would die for this man. He must be protected at all costs.

Last edited:

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018

Damn --that is terrible.

VibesAlive

Coastal Jerk
Jun 3, 2018
Salt Marsh NC

My deepest sympathies, from someone who lost their only sibling 20 years ago to a drunk driver. Hang in there man.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

I won't state what I feel and no it's not bad (it's just bad language..)

I'm feel terrible for you and yours Robo... Let me know if I can provide any support.

DaJackal

Aug 3, 2015
Eastern front

Damn, that's bad man. So sorry. :(

I got my 2nd shot a couple of days ago and so did my spouse, so we should be safe. We still wear masks at crowded places, though.

skipnjump

Apr 6, 2019
NC

That is horrible news. I am so very sorry for you and your family and your sister's family. I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and prayers. :(

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina

So so very sorry for your family and her kids. I'll keep a good thought for you all.

Finnish Jerk Train

lol stupid mickey mouse organization
Apr 7, 2008
Raleigh
Got a call from State Farm today about the new house. Apparently the shingles on the roof have been discontinued. The only way they'll continue to cover it is if we take a $10k deductible (for all perils, not just the roof), and agree to replace it before the first year is up. We have a week to respond before they drop us, effective immediately. I think that's what they'd prefer.

So yeah, let's say the dishwasher breaks and floods the downstairs. We'd be out $10k because the roof has the wrong shingles. How does that even begin to make sense?

I've been with them for over 10 years, maybe 15, but I guess it's time to move on. Even if we were ready to replace the roof, f*** those strong-arm tactics. Is anyone particularly impressed by their insurance company?

Edit: We're moving everything, not just the homeowner's policy. So auto and personal articles as well.

Last edited:

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Got a call from State Farm today about the new house. Apparently the shingles on the roof have been discontinued. The only way they'll continue to cover it is if we take a $10k deductible (for all perils, not just the roof), and agree to replace it before the first year is up. We have a week to respond before they drop us, effective immediately. I think that's what they'd prefer.

So yeah, let's say the dishwasher breaks and floods the downstairs. We'd be out $10k because the roof has the wrong shingles. How does that even begin to make sense?

I've been with them for over 10 years, maybe 15, but I guess it's time to move on. Even if we were ready to replace the roof, f*** those strong-arm tactics. Is anyone particularly impressed by their insurance company?

Edit: We're moving everything, not just the homeowner's policy. So auto and personal articles as well.
That’s some bullshit right there. We have USAA, but you’d probably already have it if you qualified. I hope you find someone better.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Is anyone particularly impressed by their insurance company?
Assuming this is a rhetorical and not asking for suggestions, I've been happy with ours. I have had a numerous number of various insurance events in the last five years (nothing earth-shattering though), and they have given me absolutely zero grief about anything.

Also, "I have ingoing events with my current company, I'm not in position to switch" is an effective way to cut it short when their competitors' telemarketers call and try to lure me.

LakeLivin

Armchair Quarterback
Mar 11, 2016
North Carolina

I've had Amica for maybe 8 years and I really like them. Haven't looked lately but they're typically near the top of various ratings. Prices are good and I've been really happy with customer service. Had one rep call me back on his day off when I had an urgent request. And another one worked to adjust the valuation on my home in order to avoid a decent rate increase when the insured value jumped over one of the $100k levels due to inflation (she was able to keep it under the level for a couple years).

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC

Best I can tell you is I've had no complaints about my coverage with Liberty since I've had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad