OT: Hurricanes Lounge XL. 99 Luftballons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Try and pass all the gun control you want. Compliance in conservative states will be thin, resistance will be high, confrontation will be more likely.

This isn't 1994, and people are much more informed, and the culture of gun ownership, especially the AR being the most popular rifle in America, is much more widespread.

Squall all you want, but you won't pass bans again until you have 60 votes in the senate, control of the house and the white house. States are the only way you'll get it, and that line just got thinner with heller and strict scrutiny, from NYSRPA.

All these proposals are great. Do it. Do it. Lets just stop talking and do it, see where it goes shall we? You have NO idea what people are capable of when you start the taking though. I'm in that circle. And I wouldn't want to be on the end doing the taking. Oof. Man that'll get ugly quick. Whatever you think you know, you don't. This has been game theoried a lot, and some of the responses are downright medieval. It's probably best to just leave people who aren't bothering you alone.
Hey look at the gun nut tough guy over here.

Glad that you find school children getting gunned down so funny from your use of the laugh reaction to all of those posts.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

Glad that you find school children getting gunned down so funny from your use of the laugh reaction to all of those posts.
More insults from the predictable LMAO.

Keep defending the mentally ill while blaming people like me though. I had you silenced until I started missing GDT's, looks like I need to do it again. Glad my laugh reacts have triggered you. I'm over the target. When you stop posting outlandish shit, I'll stop laughing at it. Now do all those body bags for drugs, and abortions.... Not that I actually care about the latter.... But the hypocrisy is thick with you, LOL. The mental gymnastics to think I find kinds dying funny is about as complex as saying that the shooter and HER mental illness are NOT the reason they're dead, but the fact a gun was used to do it. Wait,... I know, next you can tell me that she was pressed into a corner, had no other way but to lash out, and if these Tennessee conservatives weren't so fond of their guns, and hadn't given her no choice this would have never happened...... Oops, someone already beat you to that though....

Gun nut lol.

Tell you what slick, the day you take an actual bullet defending those rights, and carry the scar for it for the rest of your life you can look at me as an equal, and pretend to have a say in them. Until then, keep railing against military night, the national anthem, and everything else I've seen you spout drabble about here from below. Too bad you didn't take me up on the offer to have a beer at the outdoor game when I posted my location in the parking lot here. Woulda liked to had you talk to me like that in person, "tough guy". LMAO.

Last edited:

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
They lost my dragon in the freakin mail. Knew I should have gone to a reputable dealer

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017

Keep defending the mentally ill while blaming people like me though. I had you silenced until I started missing GDT's, looks like I need to do it again. Glad my laugh reacts have triggered you. I'm over the target. When you stop posting outlandish shit, I'll stop laughing at it. Now do all those body bags for drugs, and abortions.... Not that I actually care about the latter.... But the hypocrisy is thick with you, LOL. The mental gymnastics to think I find kinds dying funny is about as complex as saying that the shooter and HER mental illness are NOT the reason they're dead, but the fact a gun was used to do it. Wait,... I know, next you can tell me that she was pressed into a corner, had no other way but to lash out, and if these Tennessee conservatives weren't so fond of their guns, and hadn't given her no choice this would have never happened...... Oops, someone already beat you to that though....

Gun nut lol.

Tell you what slick, the day you take an actual bullet defending those rights, and carry the scar for it for the rest of your life you can look at me as an equal, and pretend to have a say in them. Until then, keep railing against military night, the national anthem, and everything else I've seen you spout drabble about here from below. Too bad you didn't take me up on the offer to have a beer at the outdoor game when I posted my location in the parking lot here. Woulda liked to had you talk to me like that in person, "tough guy". LMAO.
Jesus Christ, what a f***ing lunatic

• Haha
Reactions: Borsig

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Can't you get them from a big machine, like Carvana?
Carvana sells lemons. They bought my Wrangler for $5k more than I paid for it less than a year after I purchased it. Didn’t even give it a once over, just loaded it on the truck after asking me to back it out of the driveway because he couldn’t figure out reverse on the manual trans. The soft top leaked so bad you could literally hear the water flowing in.

• Wow
Reactions: DaveG

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Carvana sells lemons. They bought my Wrangler for $5k more than I paid for it less than a year after I purchased it. Didn’t even give it a once over, just loaded it on the truck after asking me to back it out of the driveway because he couldn’t figure out reverse on the manual trans. The soft top leaked so bad you could literally hear the water flowing in.
Didn't they sell some guy a stolen car recently and he's suing them? Pretty sure that was them.
Dude I work with bought one from them and speaks highly of them, but it seems a sketchy thing.

I sold my last one to car max. Dealer was pissed that I took Carmax's 2500.00 better offer rather than trade it to them lol

Deon Thompson

Feb 27, 2022
Wait @Borsig you're offering free beer to people who insult you? Your precious AR-15s are for soft-shouldered children who couldn't shoot iron sights if their lives depended on it! 5.56 can't even reliably penetrate a deer shoulder that a 30-30 eats like an afternoon snack! You are to Creedmoors as crossfitters are to vegans! Ya mutha was a hamster, and ya father smelt of elderberries!

I'll be at the Islanders game.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Wait @Borsig you're offering free beer to people who insult you? Your precious AR-15s are for soft-shouldered children who couldn't shoot iron sights if their lives depended on it! 5.56 can't even reliably penetrate a deer shoulder that a 30-30 eats like an afternoon snack! You are to Creedmoors as crossfitters are to vegans! Ya mutha was a hamster, and ya father smelt of elderberries!

I'll be at the Islanders game.
You didn't even have to insult me. Just show up. Shit- Negan drank half my damn Corona. (He then bought me a 15.00 beer in the fan fleecing zone).

Hard telling when I'll get in again.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I love that they think it would have to come down to a fight. I would think if they didn’t comply to gun reform you could just fine or impact them financially enough so they have to make really tough choices like keeping an AR over food or a home when they still have three handguns, a shotgun and a hunting rifle.

• Haha

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Damn that pesky constitution. That whole Marbury vs Madison case still screwing us after all these years.

Forcing a man to choose between his rights, which might be HIS line in the sand, and feeding his family is precisely how we get there.

Imagine being such a little petty wanna be tyrant that you're willing to force that on good people who've never done any harm because their property scares you and you don't like it. Oof.

• Haha
Reactions: Blueline Bomber

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
"Good people who've never done any harm," but are apparently willing to go full metal jacket over the thought that maybe accessibility to guns plays a factor in mass shootings.

Alright buster.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I bet the snowflake over here has a much difference concept about people having their rights stripped away when it comes to things like abortion

• Haha

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
"Good people who've never done any harm," but are apparently willing to go full metal jacket over the thought that maybe accessibility to guns plays a factor in mass shootings.

Alright buster.
No. But we are willing to not allow them to be confiscated. Big difference...."buster" lmao

I bet the snowflake over here has a much difference concept about people having their rights stripped away when it comes to things like abortion
Lol. I support it, genius lol. If you had any reading comprehension it was touched on today in this thread.

But you won't like the reason I support not banning it....🤪

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

No, he’s said he’s got no issue with abortions. He does care about drag queens though, and feels their First Amendment rights should be trampled upon.

Reactions: Svechhammer

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC

Gun nut lol.

Ugh, come on fellas- we were able to keep this civil up until now let's not get the whole thread deleted.

And for the record, it was me railing against military night at the sports events. I see a bright line between fetishization of violence and endless promotion of the military. The ramp up in mass shootings also coincides with the Global War on Terrorism ramping up and being in every TV show, news broadcast, video game, etc.

But yeah, pointless to debate the actual guns as you can see. They are where they are, and we're at where we are at. Even If we can't have a common language for the tools used- we can probably have one for the root causes. That's better than nothing I suppose.

A general once said the name "Global War on Terrorism" was stupid. "Was WWII a global war on submarines?" he asked. Submarines were an object, a tactic. Terrorism is a tactic. You can't fight things or tactics. You fight ideology. You fight organizations.

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
No, he’s said he’s got no issue with abortions. He does care about drag queens though, and feels their First Amendment rights should be trampled upon.
Nope actually I don't. Zfg. What I do care about is kids changing their gender before adulthood. I could give a shit less about gay people, drag queens, furries, or whatever you want to be. I don't care. So, wrong again. I could care less. But just like religion, it shouldn't be in schools or publicly funded institutions.

Ugh, come on fellas- we were able to keep this civil up until now let's not get the whole thread deleted.

And for the record, it was me railing against military night at the sports events. I see a bright line between fetishization of violence and endless promotion of the military. The ramp up in mass shootings also coincides with the Global War on Terrorism ramping up and being in every TV show, news broadcast, video game, etc.

But yeah, pointless to debate the actual guns as you can see. They are where they are, and we're at where we are at. Even If we can't have a common language for the tools used- we can probably have one for the root causes. That's better than nothing I suppose.

A general once said the name "Global War on Terrorism" was stupid. "Was WWII a global war on submarines?" he asked. Submarines were an object, a tactic. Terrorism is a tactic. You can't fight things or tactics. You fight ideology.
Agree on all points but one. He's talked plenty of shit about "thank a cop or military " stuff at games, and he knows it.

I don't do the stand and be recognized stuff though. It's weird to me and almost embarrassing. Like I made it home. Stand for the guys that didn't. Not me. I wasn't a damn hero. I was just a guy with a saw. Or m4.

This is why all these damn things that go politically are bad. It's a f***ing hockey board. We should be talking about the ridiculous no goalie interference call in the Detroit game on poor Ned.
But I can't stand to sit here and watch all these people talk shit about things I personally hold dear and important like they're a f***ing inconvenience. It's not like it's the right to own an atv or something or a cat. It's a fundamental right- and this gaming of ways to make it unaffordable or unattainable for the average person is f***ing infuriating. I'm sick of the incessant assault and constantly thinking up new ways to keep people from owning or affording things that are a fundamental American right. Especially from those who have no investment in it, and never sacrificed anything for it.

Last edited:

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Nope actually I don't. Zfg. What I do care about is kids changing their gender before adulthood. I could give a shit less about gay people, drag queens, furries, or whatever you want to be. I don't care. So, wrong again. I could care less. But just like religion, it shouldn't be in schools or publicly funded institutions.

I suppose it depends on what age you would define as “kids.” Obviously, I think we would both agree that the early years of education (say up to grade 4/5?), that’s when the focus should be on the fundamentals. Reading, writing, arithmetics, maybe some American history in the upper grades.

But middle school, you’ve got kids going through puberty. They’re noticing their bodies changing, hormones are flowing, and this is when those kids that have gender dysphoria may start to question their identity. Or those that wind up being homosexual may start to realize they’re batting for the other side, so to speak. They‘re going to have questions, and for many, teachers may be the ones they go to to find answers. And teachers should be prepared and willing to answer those questions without fear of punishment from the school, parents or the government.

But you’re obviously a big military guy. How do you feel about the military recruiting in schools and publicly funded institutions?

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
I know you don't like this argument, but to me it's true. My friends and I all played FPS for years, and then we go to Afghanistan and get in gunfights, and I watch the video later, and everybody is acting like it is NBD. Laughing, hi fiving, mugging for the camera. Hell even I was smiling. It didn't feel real to me.
Not because of FPSes

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
I suppose it depends on what age you would define as “kids.” Obviously, I think we would both agree that the early years of education (say up to grade 4/5?), that’s when the focus should be on the fundamentals. Reading, writing, arithmetics, maybe some American history in the upper grades.

But middle school, you’ve got kids going through puberty. They’re noticing their bodies changing, hormones are flowing, and this is when those kids that have gender dysphoria may start to question their identity. Or those that wind up being homosexual may start to realize they’re batting for the other side, so to speak. They‘re going to have questions, and for many, teachers may be the ones they go to to find answers. And teachers should be prepared and willing to answer those questions without fear of punishment from the school, parents or the government.

But you’re obviously a big military guy. How do you feel about the military recruiting in schools and publicly funded institutions?
18 is an adult.

High school students know where the recruiting office is. They don't need to have it at the school unless it's career day.

Blueline Bomber

Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
18 is an adult.

High school students know where the recruiting office is. They don't need to have it at the school unless it's career day.

So you believe kids and teenagers should be sheltered from the concepts of homosexuality, transgenderism and the like until they’re 18 years old? And when those concepts are inevitably brought up during a health and/or sexual education class before they’re 18, what then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad