LeBrun: Hurricanes holding Haydn Fleury out of the lineup

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Good chance this is a "nothing to see here" moment. Gardner's back was acting up the past few weeks, he's finally ready to get back in the lineup, and of the two 3rd pairing guys Bean has been the better of the two this year. Just as a telling note the last few games, when Skjei took a couple penalties it was usually Bean on the ice in his slot on the kill rather than Fleury.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
If Fluery was ED exempt I’d say he’d have high value in a big deal. He’s not exempt so it coukd be a F-D equal age trade

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
to STL for Hoffman?

That could be an interesting fit. Fleury isn't a sexy name but he could be a nice fit there as a big, smooth skating, defense first type. Still under team control after his deal expires too.

How's he looked this year in Carolina? Going admittedly by only stats, his offense has dried up but that's arguably not his forte anyhow

Whileee

May 29, 2010
That could be an interesting fit. Fleury isn't a sexy name but he could be a nice fit there as a big, smooth skating, defense first type. Still under team control after his deal expires too.

How's he looked this year in Carolina? Going admittedly by only stats, his offense has dried up but that's arguably not his forte anyhow
Could / would the Blues protect him in the expansion draft? I'm not sure how many teams would have Fleury in their top 3 for expansion draft protection.

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
Could / would the Blues protect him in the expansion draft? I'm not sure how many teams would have Fleury in their top 3 for expansion draft protection.

I don't see why they would, however if they kept Dunn you'd think he'd be the more appealing asset to the Kraken. If for some reason they take Fleury instead, then you keep Dunn. This is without even looking at what forwards they could make available too.

Point being "overloading" with depth might not be the worst way to approach expansion... *shrugs* :dunno:

Reactions: Blueston

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Fleury is the most likely candidate based on Carolina’s current contracts to be taken in the ED.

How many teams could protect him in theED?

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Fleury is the most likely candidate based on Carolina’s current contracts to be taken in the ED.

How many teams could protect him in theED?
If he was playing like last season’s playoffs, I would agree as he would be a cheap top 4 guy. Im not sure now.

Reactions: DaveG

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
LA makes sense to me.

The Canes are rumored to be interested in Sean Walker; LA has been rumored to be looking for young LD. Just saying, seems like the pieces fit here...

I'm not sure how I feel about that. Walker's been a really pleasant surprise in LA, and has shown more than Fleury to boot. What would the trade be? Fleury for Walker straight up? If anything, I would think the Kings would want a younger LD that they wouldn't have to protect in the expansion draft.

Reactions: Reaper45

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
I'm not sure how I feel about that. Walker's been a really pleasant surprise in LA, and has shown more than Fleury to boot. What would the trade be? Fleury for Walker straight up? If anything, I would think the Kings would want a younger LD that they wouldn't have to protect in the expansion draft.
Yeah if the Kings move Walker it’s because they have other guys they want to protect and would want young d that is ED exempt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad