GDT: Hurricanes@Flyers 2/9 1pm : We can haz winning streak?

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Great end to a great game for Sangs and Harrison......

Good thing Sangs took that guy out behind the Flyers net.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Yeah, not sure why Sanguinetti tried to go behind the net there. Left Jokinen back with Harrison.

Either way. A point against Philly....in Wells Fargo Center. Please and thank you.

Kap-the-Head

Jan 7, 2006
Saint Charles, IL
Semin is pretty good at reading the play and knowing where to be.

not the defensive liability that he's made out to be.

He actually backchecks pretty hard

Not sure where that myth came from. Semin has always been good defensively. I believe last year or the year before, while playing PK for the Caps the opposition scored only 3 or 4 goals the whole year.

Beardy*

Sanguinetti can go **** himself... How the hell are you that far out of position... God dammit I'm sick of his shirt play night in and night out

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Before they scored there, Sangs finishes a check behind their net....what a bonehead

yep, just brilliant play there. Puck nowhere near the end boards, hey let's go hit that guy on the end boards. Not that he would have prevented the Briere breakout there, just completely pointless play to make.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
We get a point out of it, not the most horrid result in the world. We got outplayed, you're not going to pull off the upset like we did against Ottawa every time you put yourself in that position.

Clark Gillies

Oct 3, 2006
Carolina
Very happy with the point. Really do not know how much more I can take of Sanguinetti - the experiment should be over.
We send down guys like Dalpe who show they can play at the NHL level but continue to keep this turd in the lineup.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
My feed crashed right as Briere walked into the slot. I 100% knew when it came back I'd see the Flyers celebrating.

Oh well, got a point in Philly, that doesn't suck.

Lazyking

Never Forget
Oct 15, 2011
Connecticut
We earned the point, didn't earn the win.. Just glad we didn't lose in the shootout.

Ward was good and has been lately but I hope Ellis starts Monday so Ward can come back fresh for the Devils on Tuesday..

Drivebytrucker

Jan 8, 2011
Yeah, the Sangs experiment is over. It has to be at this point....

Corvo at least has a game like this every now and again.

Caniac4ever

Feb 7, 2008
You know its getting bad when it would be better to have Josef Melichar playing than Bobby Sanguinetti. Let's hope JR realizes he's going to have to do something with his defense if he expects this team to get into the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad