GDT: HURRICANES AT ISLANDERS, BEAT THEY ASS INTO NEXT SEASON EDITION

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
How so? We have won the possession game most of this series while losing the majority of the FOs. Winning a FO and flipping it out of the zone isn’t possession
There have been many times on the PP or in the zone where a win would have allowed us to generate more chances.

It matters (Jarvis great faceoff win to the defenseman stick in game 2 led to the tying goal).

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
Are You Kidding Me!!

SNL gif. Comedians Kristen Wiig, Bill Hader, and Fred Armisen exchange shocked, slack-jawed expressions, parodying The Californians.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Unless we think it will ruin his development I would be playing Morrow. TDA is TDA at this point but Morrow may be Morrow in a few rounds.
TDA is horrific defensively. Even if Morrow is bad on his own, it would give him experience and it's not like he would be that much worse than statistically the worst defensive players in the league. Our issue with the Skjei TDA line on the ice right now is that if it gets out of our offensive zone we get hemmed in almost immediately praying for a stop or clear.

Both TNT and the ESPN broadcast the other night are apparently all in on wanting NY to win another.

I don't hear this kind of conversation about what the Caps need to do against the Rags.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
TDA is horrific defensively. Even if Morrow is bad on his own, it would give him experience and it's not like he would be that much worse than statistically the worst defensive players in the league. Our issue with the Skjei TDA line on the ice right now is that if it gets out of our offensive zone we get hemmed in almost immediately praying for a stop or clear.

Both TNT and the ESPN broadcast the other night are apparently all in on wanting NY to win another.

I don't hear this kind of conversation about what the Caps need to do against the Rags.
Morrow is, thus far, and also for his last year in the NCAA, horrific defensively as well. If he was a defensive D prospect you'd have a point, but he's not. He's basically TDA but with zero experience at this point. I'd much rather play the guy who's already used to NHL speed.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Morrow is, thus far, and also for his last year in the NCAA, horrific defensively as well. If he was a defensive D prospect you'd have a point, but he's not. He's basically TDA but with zero experience at this point. I'd much rather play the guy who's already used to NHL speed.
I might be willing to take a chance on Coughlan, he was really good in the AHL this year.

Reactions: Summer Rose

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
Assuming Pesce won't return, we have 6 D that have game time, one of which, TDA, is not going to get better. We probably need a 7th and 3-0 series was time to find one. Like I said I don't want to risk ruining development, but we need another ready D. Either way not a big deal, we'll shelter TDA and pray to Slavin that Pesce returns.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad