Post-Game Talk: Hurricanes 4, Penguins 0 - Throw the Damn Towel

Status
Not open for further replies.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
DQoae.gif

Time for JR to be a mover. Forget this year. Make moves with next year in mind. If a guy is a UFA you aren't keeping, then bye bye. If a guy isn't going to be part of the solution, then bye bye. If a guy is an unhappy camper, then bye bye. Get fresh blood. Get futures you can leverage. Get more pieces. I don't care if JR turns over 30%+ of the roster-- in fact, I hope he does-- but make it about NEXT YEAR.

As for this year, make the moves and let the chips fall where they may. They surely can't be any worse than they are now.

I was a guy who understood the realities behind the lack of moves this summer. I wasn't panicking early in the year. BUT, I got a bad vibe in late October, and THAT is when JR should've been more proactively aggressive. He spent 6-8 weeks where his sense of urgency didn't match facts on the ground.

As for Sully, as I said, they aren't going to fire him, but the guy is exacerbating things with his inane bench management and refusal to adjust tactically to the roster he has. Jokes aside, I'm not quite where Degen is with the Bylsma comparisons, but I'm not sure she's that far off either.

Not even going to touch on the players . . . it is what it is at this point.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I'd still like to make a move towards Reider and Duclair, a hockey move. Not a move to make us a playoff contender, but to fix the roster for the long haul. No rentals please. But yeah, we suck. Time to go play some video games now, already forgot about the loss tonight.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Missing the playoffs will motivate the team............. next year.
I love hockey, but I just, I just, I can't watch this team. It's an embarrassment to good enjoyable hockey.

domaug

Play Virtua Fighter, let's go Pens
Sep 28, 2017
up de Eynon
+ i had a brownie a la mode for dessert tonight, yum

- the winter in general. with this dumb bomb cyclone giving us 3 inches of snow and destroying the roads here, i couldn't drive up to see my girlfriend and had to stay home and watch this garbage game.

-- the Pens in general. none of them are playing well. none of them. it may be time to look to next season. LOL at the thought of having a three-peat with this team.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Not to be dramatic but I think it’s time to start thinking about the draft. Focus on the younger guys getting experience and working with the reclamation projects... I guess they start from the ground up with Letang.

turd

Feb 1, 2013
We’re beyond this whole “they’re tired” garbage. Sure, it might be a factor. But the bigger factors are how sloppy and dumb they’ve become. The stars aren’t helping, there is no depth, and Murray and co. have been extremely average in the net. This ain’t a tired thing, this is a sucks thing.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Atrocious line combinations to start the game. Atrocious mindset to start the game. Playing the 4th line after the timeout. Sullivan has his share here. Zero effort from the stars again. Canes are really good team and these Pens can´t compete vs something like that.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
+ Carolina Hurricanes - Anyone that thinks this team is boring is crazy to me. Just watching their defense is pure gold.

It is. BUT, 9 shots in the first half of the game, and Sully mixes up NOTHING.

This game is a ******** train wreck, and STILL Geno and Sprong get ZERO SHIFTS TOGETHER?

I'll give them credit, but watching them just reinforces for me how Sully is evolving as a coach.

Maybe, in the end, that's the difference between Bylsma and Sully. Sully just needed the 2nd cup before going full Bylsma.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Goaltending ain't the issue. But if Murray can get traded for peices like a 3C, LW or a top 4 Dman, do it.

Jarry is more than capable.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
DQoae.gif

Time for JR to be a mover. Forget this year. Make moves with next year in mind. If a guy is a UFA you aren't keeping, then bye bye. If a guy isn't going to be part of the solution, then bye bye. If a guy is an unhappy camper, then bye bye. Get fresh blood. Get futures you can leverage. Get more pieces. I don't care if JR turns over 30%+ of the roster-- in fact, I hope he does-- but make it about NEXT YEAR.

As for this year, make the moves and let the chips fall where they may. They surely can't be any worse than they are now.

I was a guy who understood the realities behind the lack of moves this summer. I wasn't panicking early in the year. BUT, I got a bad vibe in late October, and THAT is when JR should've been more proactively aggressive.

Doing trades like that will even help this season. We can’t be worse.

Get some guys who are hungry to play with Sid and Geno. Might be enough to scrape into the playoffs and who knows from there.

Sully won the cup with a style I thought we wouldn’t have a chance last season. Just gotta get there.

Reactions: KIRK
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad