OT: Hurricane Fiona

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Anybody else preparing to hunker down for a few days? I'm in Cape Breton, so it looks like we're gonna' get hit pretty good.

Fiona-EC-3pm.jpg

Hurricane Fiona shaping up to be ‘potentially severe event’ for Atlantic Canada | Globalnews.ca

Stay safe everyone.

• Wow
Reactions: mclaren55 and kb

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Hoping it misses Burlington.
Stay dry if you can't avoid it.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Watching this from the US side of the border, this is no joke and is likely to landfall somewhere in Atlantic Canada. This is not a joke storm and if you're in the path you might have a pretty bad time.

God bless.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Praying it loses a lot of its strength before it reaches the Maritimes. Stay safe.
It's not going to lose a lot IMO. There's not enough shear, the water is still relatively warm by Canadian standards.

It will likely hit as a Cat 2. In Florida, we prepared for Cat 2's like they were common, but everything in Florida is geared toward handling these kinds of storms. New England, where I live now, and much of Atlantic Canada are not explicitly designed to handle storms like this and there will likely be significant damage if it landfalls as a 2 in a populated area. Wind effects will be felt far out, you'll get storm surges at the coast, and there will be significant flooding in places.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
I'm on the South Shore in Nova Scotia inland from Bridgewater closing down our property for the year. My flight home was supposed to be tomorrow morning but Air Canada offered free flight changes so I'm getting out of Dodge today. Means I won't get trapped but I'm extremely nervous about leaving the place unattended. We're not supposed to get the brunt if it but they're saying that still means 80-90km sustained winds with higher gusts and up to 100mm rain. Gonna be an interesting couple of days.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Prayers.
I lived in Clinton MS during Katrina. Even though we were on the good side, it was still quite a day.

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Prayers.
I lived in Clinton MS during Katrina. Even though we were on the good side, it was still quite a day.
*Googles Clinton, MS*

Wow....that must have been quite the ride! Hopefully everyone came through it OK.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I'm on the South Shore in Nova Scotia inland from Bridgewater closing down our property for the year. My flight home was supposed to be tomorrow morning but Air Canada offered free flight changes so I'm getting out of Dodge today. Means I won't get trapped but I'm extremely nervous about leaving the place unattended. We're not supposed to get the brunt if it but they're saying that still means 80-90km sustained winds with higher gusts and up to 100mm rain. Gonna be an interesting couple of days.

Good on Air Canada - safe travels

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
In Antigonish for the weekend for a wedding. Should be interesting…

I have a staff member out east for a wedding as well this weekend.

She called me before she left asking if she should bring her work stuff in case she’s stuck there beyond the weekend.

I laughed and said just stay safe, that’s what sick days are for.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
*Googles Clinton, MS*

Wow....that must have been quite the ride! Hopefully everyone came through it OK.
We were actually on the good side of it. Rita was much more threatening with tornados and nasty storms.

Doublerum1975

Dec 15, 2019
Depending on what weather station you watch or radio stations you listen it doesn’t seem to bad or it’s the worst storm we ever had

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Depending on what weather station you watch or radio stations you listen it doesn’t seem to bad or it’s the worst storm we ever had
I think the eastern part of the province this is guaranteed to be one for the ages. The impact on central Nova Scotia seems to vary from Dorian on the low end to Juan on the high end.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00