Pre-Game Talk: Hurricane coming Tuesday 7 pm (Be prepared)

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Canes have been struggling offensively but the Sens can't afford to take any team lightly. They will have to be at their best.

Canes defensively 2023-24

1702399369097.png

On offence, the issue is the same as it usually is for the Hurricanes. They lead the NHL in shot attempts per game (71.0) but rank 30th in true shooting percentage (4.5 per cent). That accounts for all shot attempts, not just those that hit the net.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
I have stopped watching the standings and am trying to enjoy one game at a time. I feel the team should approach it the same way to work their way up into a post season spot. When the roster (when everyone including Chabot and Pinto) is finally full strength, that is a playoff caliber roster to me. No reason they should waste their opportunity and not fight tooth and nails for it.

Could be the breakfast spicy burrito, but I feel a win in my belly tonight!

Go Sens Go!

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
At home tonight, Then 5 in a row on the road; Need a win tonight.
Could be make or break on the season
1702400252893.png

The last season the Sens were over .500 on the road was 2016-17.

Reactions: Cosmix and DrEasy

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Canes have been struggling offensively but the Sens can't afford to take any team lightly. They will have to be at their best.

Canes defensively 2023-24

View attachment 782099

They have a really good team and are well-coached but I think they're lacking a true #1 C. Teams without that dominant first line can struggle to score at times. DOesn't help that Svech has been hurt/playing hurt.

The Sens need to play them tight and not give up easy looks. The Canes have a hard time creating chances on their own.

Oh and they can't get a save these days so get pucks on net.

Reactions: Cosmix

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
At home tonight, Then 5 in a row on the road; Need a win tonight.
Could be make or break on the season
View attachment 782104

The last season the Sens were over .500 on the road was 2016-17.
If the Sens can't find a way to pick up six points here, it could be it for the season. If we can get two points tonight, I think we can find four more points at least. Getting only two points or getting swept in these six games would be an absolute disaster.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
They have a really good team and are well-coached but I think they're lacking a true #1 C. Teams without that dominant first line can struggle to score at times. DOesn't help that Svech has been hurt/playing hurt.

The Sens need to play them tight and not give up easy looks. The Canes have a hard time creating chances on their own.

Oh and they can't get a save these days so get pucks on net.
Aho is definitely a very, very good #1C.

PPG, gets Selke votes, has gotten Hart votes, 30g a year guy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If the Sens can't find a way to pick up six points here, it could be it for the season. If we can get two points tonight, I think we can find four more points at least. Getting only two points or getting swept in these six games would be an absolute disaster.
2 wins / 5 games absolute minimum with a win tonight but at some point they are have to go on a run

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
If Dahlin or Hughes were RD it would be wild to not trade for them if it only cost Tkachuck.

Even if they are LD you have to think about it but that just means you have to trade one of the other LDs in Chabot or Chychrun. Which let's be honest wouldn't be that devastating.

Q Hughes is a phenom and is the best bet to win the Norris so far. Like a franchise changing talent.

Running Hughes and Sanderson on two pairs is having 2 top 10 d on your team.

But anyway both Buffalo and Vancouver laugh at the offer if it's made. The only reason we would be hesitant is because Brady is already Captain and unique style and all that. But in player quality wise it's not that close.

Last edited:
Reactions: LiseL

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
If Dahlin or Hughes were RD it would be wild to not trade for them if it only cost Tkachuck.

Even if they are LD you have to think about it but that just means you have to trade one of the other LDs in Chabot or Chychrun. Which let's be honest wouldn't be that devastating.

Q Hughes is a phenom and is the best bet to win the Norris so far. Like a franchise changing talent.

The problem is that if you trade Tkachuk, we become the second-softest team in the league, right behind Detroit. Having tough, skilled players is a huge bonus in the NHL. Having just tough players for the sake of adding toughness hurts your team in the new-age NHL.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The problem is that if you trade Tkachuk, we become the second-softest team in the league, right behind Detroit. Having tough, skilled players is a huge bonus in the NHL. Having just tough players for the sake of adding toughness hurts your team in the new-age NHL.
A lot of other teams don't have Tkachuck and they are hell of a lot of tougher than us.

Toughness that you can plug in is a lot easier to acquire than phenom level skill.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Aho is definitely a very, very good #1C.

PPG, gets Selke votes, has gotten Hart votes, 30g a year guy

He's definitely a player I'd want on my team but I wouldn't say he is a top 15 C in the league. IMO, for a team with Cup aspirations that could be a problem.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
A lot of other teams don't have Tkachuck and they are hell of a lot of tougher than us.

Toughness that you can plug in is a lot easier to acquire than phenom level skill.
The bolded is my point.

Adding toughness you can plug in won't win you any games and will likely lose you games.

In a vacuum, I would trade Tkachuk for Dahlin, not that Buffalo would ever do it. I just think Tkachuk means more to us, which is what I am saying.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
He's definitely a player I'd want on my team but I wouldn't say he is a top 15 C in the league. IMO, for a team with Cup aspirations that could be a problem.
I think it's great to have him as your #1C.

He's 11th in C scoring over the past 5 seasons, is extremely strong defensively, 12th in playoff scoring overall in the past 5 years, 5th most for C's

Is he McDavid or Mackinnon? No, but there are only 3, soon to be 4, teams in the league with a C like that.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The bolded is my point.

Adding toughness you can plug in won't win you any games and will likely lose you games.

In a vacuum, I would trade Tkachuk for Dahlin, not that Buffalo would ever do it. I just think Tkachuk means more to us, which is what I am saying.

I mean that you can get tough players who can play lower in the lineup and be effective in FA, through the draft or when rebuilding teams are doing a sell off.

So those good teams have no Tkachuck in the top end but have tough good depth and as a result are much tougher than us and more skilled.

You need your high cost players to be competitive and beat the other team on the scoreboard. Toughness and punching faces and even hitting you can leave to the bottom depth. And still be overall very tough.

Like our toughest player to play is arguably Zub and he only costs 4 mill. You have another Zub at 4-5 mill you have a pretty tough and gritty blue line.

I think Brady means more to us because of our emotional attachment vs what he brings on the ice compared to talent like Hughes or Dahlin. That is the only reason we pause.

Otherwise the argument is that the toughness that Brady brings offsets the talent that Hughes or Dahlin bring. Which I think is a stretch because you can get toughness a lot easier and also we would have made the playoffs already if that was the case.

If someone else had Brady and they offered him to us for Stutzle or Sanderson we'd laugh at them.

But with that said the only thing Brady is missing from his game is defensive acumen and then he is a player you only move for a gross overpayment, and I'm confident with Martin and Alfredsson in charge that is the Brady we will eventually get.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I mean that you can get tough players who can play lower in the lineup and be effective in FA, through the draft or when rebuilding teams are doing a sell off.

So those good teams have no Tkachuck in the top end but have tough good depth and as a result are much tougher than us and more skilled.

You need your high cost players to be competitive and beat the other team on the scoreboard. Toughness and punching faces and even hitting you can leave to the bottom depth. And still be overall very tough.

Like our toughest player to play is arguably Zub and he only costs 4 mill. You have another Zub at 4-5 mill you have a pretty tough and gritty blue line.

I think Brady means more to us because of our emotional attachment vs what he brings on the ice compared to talent like Hughes or Dahlin. That is the only reason we pause.

Otherwise the argument is that the toughness that Brady brings offsets the talent that Hughes or Dahlin bring. Which I think is a stretch because you can get toughness a lot easier and also we would have made the playoffs already if that was the case.

If someone else had Brady and they offered him to us for Stutzle or Sanderson we'd laugh at them.

But with that said the only thing Brady is missing from his game is defensive acumen and then he is a player you only move for a gross overpayment, and I'm confident with Martin and Alfredsson in charge that is the Brady we will eventually get.
Show me what tough players are available in UFA this year. If Zub is our tough player after Brady is traded, we are in some trouble. We literally just got manhandled and embarrassed by Florida. Anyway, I am not disagreeing with you; like I said, I would make that trade. I am just saying Brady means more to use than just a top-line winger.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I think it's great to have him as your #1C.

He's top 11th in C scoring over the past 5 seasons, is extremely good defensively, 12th in playoff scoring overall in the past 5 years with less games played than most, 5th for C's.

Maybe you're right; he's a fantastic player. Perhaps it's the system he plays in but I don't know who I would take him over (for this year) out of:

McDavid
Matthews
Draisaitl
MacKinnon
Crosby
Barkov
Hughes
Pettersson
Stützle
Eichel
Point
Hintz
Kopitar
Zibanejad
Thompson

He might sneak in over a couple of those guys in the bottom and get into the top 15.

Phenomenal player but I think compared to most other contenders he falls a little short. But hey, as a team they aren't really firing on all cylinders, so who knows.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

But anyway both Buffalo and Vancouver laugh at the offer if it's made. The only reason we would be hesitant is because Brady is already Captain and unique style and all that. But in player quality wise it's not that close.
How is Hughes a franchise changing talent the Canucks have been pretty shit with him in the team.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Senators are not doing that trade, if Zub is the toughest Senator, team is in trouble.
I’ll take the best power forward in the league for 200 Alex, who is basically a ppg player, since last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad