Prospect Info: Hunter Haight C, 47th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
After being traded from Barrie, where he was averaging .45 pts/g, he has quadrupled his production with Saginaw, 1.8 pts/g. Hard to keep that pace up, but hope he continues to do better.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
After being traded from Barrie, where he was averaging .45 pts/g, he has quadrupled his production with Saginaw, 1.8 pts/g. Hard to keep that pace up, but hope he continues to do better.
I also have to be wary of his numbers because he's playing with Michael Misa.

That's a really stacked team.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
I also have to be wary of his numbers because he's playing with Michael Misa.

That's a really stacked team.
Misa is extremely legit, it is a very good thing that Haight gets to play with that kind of talent, can only help improve his game to be around skill like that. Haight definitely has skill and it felt like he was underscoring for his talent level last season, good to see the big jump and hope he can continue this pace or close to it.

Wonderful Tacos

Nov 29, 2023
In 42 games with Saginaw last year Hunter had 18G and 33A
In 41 games with Saginaw this year Hunter has 18G and 32A

I need to find a way to bet on Hunter's point total in tomorrow's game.

Reactions: Jbcraig1883

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Seems like a similar level prospect to Bankier. I’ll stay interested but I’m curious to see how his game takes to the AHL. He’s a skilled player with decent skating but the production doesn’t jump off the page. Will the offense be enough to be a scoring 3rd line forward or is he more of a career tweener?

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
He's one of those guys who looks better than his point totals.

I've thought this for years now. I'm still not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing.
I believe this to be true as well. I think he thinks the game at a high level and improves his play when surrounded by like-minded players. What he did with Heidt in the exhibitions was impressive, and he was the driver of that line IMO.

I hope he breaks out in Iowa next year.

Jbcraig1883

Mar 31, 2002
Virginia
I wonder why the production isn’t better
That's the obvious big red flag with him - why don't the stats match up with the talent? It's a legitimate concern, which is why I am hoping it's a matter of playing with high IQ players. Small sample size on my part - but through two training camps and prospect camps, he looked very good doing quick give and goes, playing well on PP, etc. I have already beaten a dead horse in this thread but he and Heidt looked good last year together, and Haight was the driver on the line...

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4