Prospect Info: Hunter Haight C, 47th Overall, 2022 NHL Draft

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
You know, after reading about him for 3 minutes, I think it's an alright pick. We're sort of in crap-shoot territory already, and he's got skill.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Lol scouting reports says he is a good two-way center. Minnesota certainly has their type. At least they are focusing on skating this time around.

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
Drafted by the Barrie Colts with the ninth overall pick in the 2020 OHL Draft, centre Hunter Haight didn’t quite reach what was expected of him in his draft season. Haight scored 22 goals and 19 assists for 41 points in 63 regular-season games. He was even better in the playoffs with one goal and four assists for five points in six games. Unfortunately, it was not enough, as the Colts fell to the Mississauga Steelheads in six games. Haight played for Team Red at the CHL Top Prospects Game.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Did someone check to see if we're allowed to make this pick? Right shot center in one of the first two rounds?

Anyway, I like the pick, so I hope we're allowed.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

Some stuff on Haight from my media/scout poll.

My write up on him.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Is his last named pronounced "Hate" or "Height"? Watching his highlight videos I've seen his name pronounced both ways.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Wasn’t able to watch, but it sounds like Haight scored the lone two goals in the prospect dev camp championship. Anyone watch?

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Wasn’t able to watch, but it sounds like Haight scored the lone two goals in the prospect dev camp championship. Anyone watch?
Both were snipes over Wallstedt's glove, perfectly placed inside the pipes, only guy to beat him cleanly that I saw. Hard to get a real read on him based solely off of the structure of the tournament, but he definitely proved that he can snipe corners and get his shot off quickly.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
To add to what Ovechkid08 said, he looks really slick. He put on a pretty nice move on the first snipe that froze Wallstedt a bit then popped it high past his glove from in tight. Definitely looks like he should have scored more last year.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Does anyone else get Fiala vibes?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Too soon for that but he does show a lot of confidence with the puck.

Confidence, speed, hands, shot, same size, desire to have the puck on their stick, especially around the net. Not saying he'll be as good by any means, but there are quite a few similarities.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Confidence, speed, hands, shot, same size, desire to have the puck on their stick, especially around the net. Not saying he'll be as good by any means, but there are quite a few similarities.
I can’t see the speed and determination in a 3v3 setting. The rest I concur and I can understand that comparison I just don’t think it’s accurate with what we have seen. I didn’t catch a one timer of his yet nor do I know his speed and acceleration

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I can’t see the speed and determination in a 3v3 setting. The rest I concur and I can understand that comparison I just don’t think it’s accurate with what we have seen. I didn’t catch a one timer of his yet nor do I know his speed and acceleration

I watched some separate highlights, barely even watched the 3v3's actually.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4