Tribute Humboldt Broncos, April 6, 2018

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
With all we've endured since then, three years seems so long ago.

I have followed the heroic recoveries of some of the survivors, as well as the seemingly impossible task for families of getting on with their lives.

There is a vigil planned to honor those lost. And as far away as I am, I'm putting a stick outside my door today.

Humboldt Broncos team to be honoured on third anniversary of fatal bus crash
I can't believe it's been three years already.

Then again, 2020 alone felt like three years.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
3 years. I remember coming home from work and my daughter meeting me on the street to take my car. "Dad there was a bus crash with a hockey team. Broncos." I said "Which one? Swift Current?" "No". I said "Humboldt?" She said "Yeah". We went to bed that night not knowing much information and woke to the announcement that 14 were dead. At 10am I got a call to work the vigil for Sportsnet the next day. It was one of the toughest things I've had to do. I remember before it started they had the photos put up of all that had passed. The Team Pastor in front of each photo and you could tell he was so distraught.

#sticksout

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I still think about the two boys who were initially misidentified because the surviving one was in such bad shape. One family was told their son was dead, only to discover he was alive. Another was told their son survived, only to discover he had not.

I can't begin to imagine what either of those families went through. :cry:

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
3 years. I remember coming home from work and my daughter meeting me on the street to take my car. "Dad there was a bus crash with a hockey team. Broncos." I said "Which one? Swift Current?" "No". I said "Humboldt?" She said "Yeah". We went to bed that night not knowing much information and woke to the announcement that 14 were dead. At 10am I got a call to work the vigil for Sportsnet the next day. It was one of the toughest things I've had to do. I remember before it started they had the photos put up of all that had passed. The Team Pastor in front of each photo and you could tell he was so distraught.

#sticksout

I never put the two together before, but Broncos sure seems like a cursed name.

It is hard to believe that this was three years ago. I agree with Bruinaura that time has sort of lost all meaning since the pandemic.

Sticks out today for Humbolt. What a horrible an unexpected tragedy.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I never put the two together before, but Broncos sure seems like a cursed name.

It is hard to believe that this was three years ago. I agree with Bruinaura that time has sort of lost all meaning since the pandemic.

Sticks out today for Humbolt. What a horrible an unexpected tragedy.

I was working at Mcdonalds in 1986 when one of the players brothers killed in the other Bronco crash got called home. I remember it like it was yesterday. They used to put the memorials in the paper every year on December 30th and I'd tear up every time.

Reactions: Ludwig Fell Down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad