Post-Game Talk: Huge defensive effort leads to decisive win! Jets win 3-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Sedated

Jul 22, 2011
Nevada USA
I think Enstrom gets flack for being small and people see any instance of him getting beat in any way as proof that he's too small to be effective. It sticks out more, is more memorable and thus he gets a bad rap undeservedly.

Little doesn't have a bad rap, he just doesn't get any praise despite his consistent offensive production. I think the reason for that is that Little isn't as noticeable on the ice as other players and you really only hear his name in the seconds before the puck ends up in the other team's net. For a first line forward, I think people expect to see more fireworks throughout the game and it might give the uninformed watchers the opinion that he's simply riding Ladd and Wheeler's coattails. The announcers hype big hits and good scoring chances nearly as much as goals, and Little has very few of the first and not that many of the second (because the puck goes in the net almost every time he shoots it, best shooting percentage on the team). He gets no credit for good possession play matched against the other top lines nor for his ability to draw penalties while rarely ending up in the box himself. There is very little bravado to his game but he's quietly consistent in boosting the team's possession and scoring. At the end of the day, he's almost a polar opposite to Kane. When Kane was on the ice, you couldn't help but notice. Kane was one of the players on the team with the consistently worst shooting percentage though. In his defense, he did also help his team possession wise.

You got that right! And I'm pretty sure everyone here has seen the AMAZING ;) Kane video of him shooting the water bottles off the net one by one. Ahh...the magic of video editing and at least a few thousand retakes. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:

igorulanov

Jan 31, 2015
Winnipeg
It's not just Ducky 10. The memories of those years are important to a lot of people who lived through that era, just as important as the one we are living through now. Are we going to forget everything about the last four years 15 years from now? It's fine not to feel that the events of the pre-1996 Jets are important to you but have some respect for those of us who do care. The dramatic change in the Jets after Hawerchuk joined the team will always be one of my favourite memories, Cup or no Cup.

I'll always have a special place in my memory bank for the Igor Ulanov era of Jets 1.0. :pillow:

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
I'll always have a special place in my memory bank for the Igor Ulanov era of Jets 1.0. :pillow:

Just maybe the ugliest man to ever wear a Jets uniform with the possible exception of Gord Donnelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad