Signing(s): Hue Jackson picks Browns

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
I wonder if Jackson choosing the Browns shows how utterly dysfunctional the 49ers are right now.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
They never offered him the job. There are only 32 openings in the NFL He also doesn't have to relocate his family.

Its a 4 hour drive from Cincy to Cleveland (250 miles)

You really think Hue Jackson is going to leave his family in Cincy and live in Cleveland by himself most of year?

Last edited:

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Good hire. I really think he's got a good chance to do something there. The guy is an offensive guru and he's got his choice of whatever QB he wants in the draft. It's a good position to be in.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Its a 4 hour drive from Cincy to Cleveland (250 miles)

You really think Marvin Lewis is going to leave his family in Cincy and live in Cleveland by himself most of year?

A lot of coaches do. Its easier to move your family 250 miles compared to S.F. or N.Y. Plus this all but assures that Cleveland takes Goff. Good luck to Hue. I honestly thought he'd end up in New York.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Most coaches barely make it home as it is. Wake up at 5am, maybe get home by 10pm. Maybe.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
still think the raiders were absolutely stupid in firing him after one season

easily one of the brightest minds in the NFL today. if there's anyone who could make a different in cleveland its jackson

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Its not all roses with him. He has his warts. It will be interesting to see how it works out. Maybe he learned from his flame out in Oakland.

Shockmaster

Sep 11, 2012
Its not all roses with him. He has his warts. It will be interesting to see how it works out. Maybe he learned from his flame out in Oakland.

Maybe I'm confusing him with someone else, but wasn't Jackson someone who stubbornly tried to run the ball too much in a passing league when he was in Oakland?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Sounds like hes got full control over football matters. Its getting to the point where nobody will take the Browns job without some sort of front office power.

Have a gut feeling he'll be the first one to last more than 2 seasons. He was great in Oakland, people forget his dismissal had more to do with the regime change than his 8-8 record.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Sounds like hes got full control over football matters. Its getting to the point where nobody will take the Browns job without some sort of front office power

The guy who traded a 1st and 2nd for Carson Palmer?

1378095315_laughter.gif

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's a good coach and deserved another HC job but I wouldn't give him full control.

It's the Browns so something will probably go very wrong but it's not a bad situation. There's a lot of talent on the defensive side already and they have the 2nd overall pick. He can pick his QB and add more talent with those high picks.

I'm curious about what happened with the Niners. It went from him being the favourite and some reporting it was almost a done deal to both sides going in different directions.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
I think Dirk Koetter happened. Apparently both sides came away impressed from the interview Saturday. The Browns made the first move so props to them. Mike Silver said Hue didn't reject any team but the Browns reached out first.

Hockeyfan02

Oct 10, 2002
Pistivity
Visit site
Disappointed the 49ers didn't hire him, he was my top choice. I don't really trust Baalke and York to make a good hire with what's left, really hoping it's not Coughlin.

Gene Parmesan

Jul 23, 2009
California
Disappointed the 49ers didn't hire him, he was my top choice. I don't really trust Baalke and York to make a good hire with what's left, really hoping it's not Coughlin.

I don't think Coughlin would be as bad as most think. The team is really young and could use a hardass but caring voice like his. If he has the energy then I'm ok with it since he would be able to get a solid staff on offense, which Tomsula couldn't do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad