Prospect Info: Hudson Fasching (2014 via trade) – '17-18: Rochester #24 (AHL)

wyldthing89

Jan 26, 2006
St-Gedeon Quebec
i225.photobucket.com
Just a question: When i enter the page, i always see the line with prospects with Zadorov, Risto, Reinhart etc, why Hudson Fasching is not on that list, i think he could be a nice asset for us in a few years !!

PS: I do understand you can't put every draft players but his future is at least as bright as Brendan Lemieux ;)

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
Next time the rankings are redone I think you will see his name up top on the crawl.

Bps21*

Probably not. The person who does our scoring is abysmal.

gallagt01

Jun 10, 2006
Sloan
He's one of our better forward prospects...certainly has more upside than most of our wing prospects.

I think he could be a Blake Wheeler-esque scoring winger.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Without getting into the debate of who is or isn't a prospect for ranking purposes...buffalo has 9 1st round pick from 2011-2015 with potentially more in deals at the deadline.

I don't see Fasching breaking the top 5.

That doesn't mean he sucks or anything. Buffalo has drafted or will draft 22 1st-3rd round players from 2012-2015 ( including those acquired) and Fasching isn't in ths group. That is a deep prospect pool.

ZeroPT*

Fasching is going to be a really really awesome complementary piece. Borderline core piece.

I'm expecting a 20-20 PWF who's a total psycho on the cycle/forecheck and an excellent possession player. I'm personally hoping he's Reinhart or Girgs RW. He'd complement both exceptionally. Probably on the PP too.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I think outside of Reinhart he is our best prospect not playing pro. I admittedly haven't seen him at Minnesota this year but evertime I've seen him play he is one of the best players on the ice.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Asking some of you: What do you think about a line where Girgensons centers Fasching and another wing (ideas?) for a big power checking line with offensive capabilities?

Tapu Coco

Jan 23, 2013
WNY
Asking some of you: What do you think about a line where Girgensons centers Fasching and another wing (ideas?) for a big power checking line with offensive capabilities?

First name to pop into my head for that empty slot was Lemieux. Although we have a lot of prospects who would fit there: Larsson, Carrier, Compher are some others that come to mind.

As for what I would think of that line...that would be a killer two-way shutdown line. Would be able to grind teams down on the boards, play physical, match up against other teams' top players, and chip in some offense

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011

First thought? A heady speed guy to keep the opposing D wary of moving up. A Todd Marchant or Flynn type now, lets see where we are in 18 months to reassess.

wyldthing89

Jan 26, 2006
St-Gedeon Quebec
i225.photobucket.com
loved faschings tournament. Such a beast

Got to be agree, to be honest i read more about him than saw playing but in the World junior tourney, he really opened my eyes and made me happy of the McNabb trade, i also look at him like a Blake Wheeler, i was laughing when i saw this name pop out , i really thought about Wheeler to compare his play !!!

With Reinhart MVP like performance and all the prospects on the team and to come + draft 2015 , 2016 , if we can get McDavid or on a lower level but still really good future like Eichel, we will have a wonderful team within 4-5 years !!!

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Without getting into the debate of who is or isn't a prospect for ranking purposes...buffalo has 9 1st round pick from 2011-2015 with potentially more in deals at the deadline.

I don't see Fasching breaking the top 5.

That doesn't mean he sucks or anything. Buffalo has drafted or will draft 22 1st-3rd round players from 2012-2015 ( including those acquired) and Fasching isn't in ths group. That is a deep prospect pool.

I had Fasching rated as a high-2nd in his Draft year FWIW (he fell to the 4th). I don't think players should be ranked based on where they were drafted.

WeDislikeEich

Jun 22, 2015
Is anyone else worried about Fasching potentially not signing with Buffalo? What is he, a junior this year? So after next season he could turn UFA if not signed by then.
Buffalo must have felt it would be better for his development to continue playing college hockey and taking on a leadership role with the team this year (as everyone assumed he would). As far as I'm aware Buffalo hasn't offered him a pro contract yet, so I'm not too worried.
I hate that darn rule that allows college players to turn UFA after their senior year of college. Obviously it makes sense if the team that drafted them doesn't offer a contract. But if the team does offer a contract that player shouldn't be allowed to enter free agency.

Husko

Jun 30, 2006
Greenwich, CT
Is anyone else worried about Fasching potentially not signing with Buffalo? What is he, a junior this year? So after next season he could turn UFA if not signed by then.
Buffalo must have felt it would be better for his development to continue playing college hockey and taking on a leadership role with the team this year (as everyone assumed he would). As far as I'm aware Buffalo hasn't offered him a pro contract yet, so I'm not too worried.
I hate that darn rule that allows college players to turn UFA after their senior year of college. Obviously it makes sense if the team that drafted them doesn't offer a contract. But if the team does offer a contract that player shouldn't be allowed to enter free agency.

Ive said it before, as NCAA hockey gets more competitive it's going to be an issue that good players exploit. It's one thing in the juniors world, where players age out before they have a chance to reach free agency. If someone wants to wait out their team so they can hit free agency, they can't just play juniors until then, they'd get too old. Not to mention the competition isn't good enough. In college hockey though, all you have to do is play four years, get a degree, and then you can go UFA. Obviously there's risk (injury, regression, etc.) in not taking the money when you have the chance, but still the opportunity is there.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
It's a bit of a concern with Fasching just because of his siblings. He may not way to move too far away from them.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

I am not concerned.

He is entering his junior year. Buffalo has his rights till Aug 15 2017 (If he leaves college earlier its Jun 1 2017).

I see him signing at the end of the year if Minnesota doesn't make the frozen 4. If they do, then he turns pro and starts in 16/17.

the rule of them being able to turn pro and become a UFA is fine.

With CHL players they get drafted, don't sign, then get drafted again...then if not signing they area UFA on 1 Jun draft year + 4.

With a European player its rights till 1 June draft year + 4

With college players its till 15 August of their graduation year (which for many its draft year + 4). they leave college early then it revers to 1 Jun draft year +4.

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

Fasching drifts low with his stick down and swats a one-timer for his first goal of the year to give Minnesota a 4-0 lead on Northeastern.

Fasching 1+1. Set PP screen on goal #1, charged deep/forced turnover on #2. Scored #4. Cycle/net front. Forecheck/backcheck, soon paycheck.

LaxSabre - Minnesota and Fasching play Northeastern again on Saturday night - 8:30 pm ET (I think). You can watch the game on LIVE Fox College Sports Atlantic.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Minnesota and Fasching play Northeastern again on Saturday night - 8:30 pm ET (I think). You can watch the game LIVE on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

Update - You can watch a replay of last nights game 12:00 pm ET-2:30 pm ET on Fox College Sports Central.
Tonights game is 9:00 pm ET and you can watch it LIVE on Fox College Sports Atlantic.

Audio Interview - Hudson Fasching - https://audioboom.com/boos/3729311-fasching-on-the-four-goal-night

Highlights - Minnesota 4 Northeastern 0 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=0Q94JYC8kso

Hudson should have had two goals - on the first Minnesota goal - his tip from in front went off the post and was knocked in by teammate who was at the side of the net.

Last edited:

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
@SabresProspects -

Hudson Fasching scores for the second-straight night to give Minnesota a 1-0 lead on Northeastern. Gophers get two more, lead 3-0 3:39 in.

Fasching connects on the PP for his second of the night to give Minnesota a 4-1 lead on Northeastern - End 1st.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
With a goal and an assist, Fasching upped his season totals to: 6GP, 4G, 2A, +3, 14 SOG .. FYI, tomorrow's rematch vs Notre Dame airs on NBCSN.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad