Value of: Huberdeau to Montreal (And Yandle)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Should have wrote that but that should have been the insinuation in this thread.

Not worth beating each other up on value when you are asking for players we are not trading. We like Huberdeau a lot but the only center we would move is Domi. Danault, Suzuki, and Kotkaniemi are staying for the foreseeable future.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Thats just one Cats fan. Theres no way Danault comes close to Huberdeau in the trade market. It will have to be at bare minimum Domi + Danault + more for Huby. I would say the ask would include Suzuki.
If the ask is Domi + Danault + Suzuki for Huberdeau i just hang up the phone. That's the easiest NO from the Habs.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
We're listening...?
Good old fashioned bidding war on our hands.
Your probably gonna have Zadorov and Jost in there with some pick so don't hold your breathe on their offer.
I'd hate to get rid of Danault because of what he brings to the team but i'd have to be in favor of
Danault +2020 1st rd pick + ......depending on the plus.I'd add our 2nd and maybe a prospect.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther
Aug 25, 2009
éal
I love Danault but with Suzuki and Kotkaniemi stepping up he adds less to the team that Huberdeau would. we have been missing an offensive juggernaut like him since Radulov left

Huberdeau - Suzuki - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Tatar
Poehling - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Evans - Lehkonen

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
It’s kind of unreasonable to take Danault off the table when we’re discussing Huberdeau.

Not when you consider that Danault is our only mature center. Huberdeau is good but Danault and Suzuki? Come on man. Don't you realize how long it has taken the Habs to build our center depth? Don't drool over Huberdeau 3's years then UFA that much

The other factor is Danault has one year left then UFA. Do you really think Danault is open to sign/trade and going to the Panthers? I doubt that. It's an idea that don't work for both sides.

DiglettDangles

Feb 15, 2020
Montreal
It's completely irresponsible and downright homer not to consider making Danault available for a PPG player.
It's also an insult to Panther's intelligence to assume he would settle for so little (he mentioned many times he's looking for additions).

There are other ways to shelter young offensive centers - how about adding a big offensive piece on which to rely for points while they learn their defensive positioning?
In my opinion, over-sheltering the rookies is one of the reasons MTL can't ever seem to get confident, game-breaking rookies.
Saying MTL shouldn't risk messing up with the chemistry/hierarchy is PR BS. No need to protect anything in a team that finished 24th.
If anyone brings up the current playoffs to say the team is better than advertised, I'll just answer you that's because the kids you are trying to shelter are stepping up.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
It's completely irresponsible and downright homer not to consider making Danault available for a PPG player.
It's also an insult to Panther's intelligence to assume he would settle for so little (he mentioned many times he's looking for additions).

There are other ways to shelter young offensive centers - how about adding a big offensive piece on which to rely for points while they learn their defensive positioning?
In my opinion, over-sheltering the rookies is one of the reasons MTL can't ever seem to get confident, game-breaking rookies.
Saying MTL shouldn't risk messing up with the chemistry/hierarchy is PR BS. No need to protect anything in a team that finished 24th.
If anyone brings up the current playoffs to say the team is better than advertised, I'll just answer you that's because the kids you are trying to shelter are stepping up.
Exactly. We don’t need to shelter KK/Suzuki because they are actually playing as our 1/2 Cs right now. They just took down Crosby and Malkin in the playoffs. What are worried about?

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Ya no way I would accept the 2021 1st, the 2020 1st is a risk of busting so the 2021 1st is more of a gamble.
You're getting a legit #1LW who's been one of the top point producers in the league the last 4 years, one who would likely re-sign with you in 2 years time when eligible. He goes back to Quebec to train in off season and would probably keep his house in FLA to use for vacay.

Danault is a good piece but the 2020 1st is a must along with a good prospect to get the convo started.

No need for Ikonen.
I'd prefer some D prospects like Brook or a guy like Mete.

Hard to gauge value for Huberdeau as its rare for a guy with 3 full years to be moved when he's still in his prime. Typically guys are traded with one year left or at the deadline and then re-signed or walk in free agency.

Love Danault but for the first time in God knows how long, we have too many centers, and we lack goal scoring.

This trade would help us a lot. We could put Domi on the second line, between and hire some UFA center.
I'd do it.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Exactly. We don’t need to shelter KK/Suzuki because they are actually playing as our 1/2 Cs right now. They just took down Crosby and Malkin in the playoffs. What are worried about?

KK and Suzuki still need to be sheltered to some degree. Don't be fooled. Domi playing 4C is part of the strategy to keep us rolling lines. Suzuki has shown ability to handle more tough assignments so he's a bit further along vs Kotkaniemi.

However, pretending that they are dominating centers at age 20 cause we beat the Pens is premature. Stay humble

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad