Hubble observes planet bleeding atmosphere 32 LY away

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
In the title you put 32m do you mean 32 Million? As the article stats it is 32 light years away from us.

The planet orbits the star AU Microscopii, which is 32 light-years away from Earth and the Hubble space telescope was able to detect the planet's atmospheric bleeding by measuring the variability of dips in brightness as the planet moves in front of it.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... The planet orbits the star AU Microscopii, which is 32 light-years away from Earth and the Hubble space telescope was able to detect the planet's atmospheric bleeding by measuring the variability of dips in brightness as the planet moves in front of it.
I wonder if we can use that method to identify multiple HFB accounts from one person. :huh:

• Haha
Reactions: beowulf

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
They said it's 6 million miles from the star yet 10x closer?

I'm pretty sure Mercury is less than 60 million miles from the Sun, considering we average around 93.
I think whomever wrote that article confused using miles and kilometers. Mercury is about 58M KM from the Sun not miles which is about 35M.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I think whomever wrote that article confused using miles and kilometers. Mercury is about 58M KM from the Sun not miles which is about 35M.
Yeah that's what I thought.

I can't imagine what kind of hellish environment is in process on that planet. The radiation, the forces, etc...brutality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad