Hronek, Filip

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
hopefully this doesn't mean Hronek is going to leave us at the end of his career, to take his talents to the KHL

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Hronek’s on a better scoring pace than Kronwall was in his first AHL season (25 games). Close to matching Kronwall’s pace in his first full AHL season (0,60PPG vs 0,69PPG). Hronek’s several years younger which should be noted.

Just a comparison to the last legit top-pairing D we drafted.

Still my favorite RW prospect. Glad he is producing, because I think the skill set is definitely there. He is probably the best puck handling D prospect we have had since Kronwall, too. Which seems to be more the way the league is going.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
(I learned nothing about Hronek at all... )

Filip Hronek's first name starts with the same letter that Sergei Fedorov's last name does. There you go. All tied together with a bow.

But seriously, if Hronek is tracking to be Kronwall as a rookie but doing it at a younger age, holy crap, I am on board. Nick Kronwall was a damn good defenseman when he was younger and not playing on destroyed knees.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
Filip Hronek's first name starts with the same letter that Sergei Fedorov's last name does. There you go. All tied together with a bow.

But seriously, if Hronek is tracking to be Kronwall as a rookie but doing it at a younger age, holy crap, I am on board. Nick Kronwall was a damn good defenseman when he was younger and not playing on destroyed knees.

that would be amazing, who has likened F. Hronek to Kronwall?

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
kronwall was a decent option at a 1D from 2008-2014. (obviously not on a team with Lidstrom...)

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
Not say Hronek will be like Kronner but Kronners prime will always be greatly underrated because he played on the same team as Lids. He never got 1st pp time in his prime but still put up solid numbers and was physically impossing in the nuetral zone. If Hronek has even 75% of the impact Kronner did well have a great 2/3 on our hands.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
That's what you get for trying to learn on HFB :sarcasm:

touche?

I dont know, i dont follow prospects much myself, besides the occasional stat check.

I look to you guys who are more prospect hardcores to help me out.

I am sure I waste more time designing stats analysis for my regular hockey pool than is required LOL.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
that would be amazing, who has likened F. Hronek to Kronwall?

Pavels Dog said:
Hronek’s on a better scoring pace than Kronwall was in his first AHL season (25 games). Close to matching Kronwall’s pace in his first full AHL season (0,60PPG vs 0,69PPG). Hronek’s several years younger which should be noted.

Just a comparison to the last legit top-pairing D we drafted.​

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I try to go to Griffins games whenever possible, but since living in Nashville now, that's been hard. Last game I went to was a Ferris State game. They looked underwhelming and small.

I hate that Nashville doesn't have a local AHL team. Hockey is a popular sport here believe it or not. It's hard to buy Preds tickets especially when the Red Wings come to town. They've sold out a while ago for Saturday's game against the Wings.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Pavels Dog said:

Just a comparison to the last legit top-pairing D we drafted.​

I looked at the stats and didn't think they looked similar in their respective 1st season. Last season Hronek only had 2 points in 10 games. Kronwall had 13 points in 25 games.

This is Hronek's 2nd AHL season, not first. Also, Hronek had 2 games in the Griffins playoffs last season and scored 0 points in 2 games.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl

Just a comparison to the last legit top-pairing D we drafted.

This is Hronek's 2nd AHL season. Last season he scored 2 points in 12 games (incl POs) compared to Kronwall's 13 points in 25 games.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
I looked at the stats and didn't think they looked similar in their respective 1st season. Last season Hronek only had 2 points in 10 games. Kronwall had 13 points in 25 games.

This is Hronek's 2nd AHL season, not first. Also, Hronek had 2 games in the Griffins playoffs last season and scored 0 points in 2 games.

Kronwall was also 3 years older in his rookie season than Hronek is now (23 vs 20)

That's a four year difference between their respective rookie years

Last edited:

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
This is Hronek's 2nd AHL season. Last season he scored 2 points in 12 games (incl POs) compared to Kronwall's 13 points in 25 games.

No it isnt. He played junior last year and got in some games once his junior season was over. Kronwall came to North America and played 25 games in the AHL plus 20 in the NHL. Thats an actual pro rookie season, Hroneks was not

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
No it isnt. He played junior last year and got in some games once his junior season was over. Kronwall came to North America and played 25 games in the AHL plus 20 in the NHL. Thats an actual pro rookie season, Hroneks was not
Yeah I agree. Nevertheless the main point was that Hronek's offensive game is so far trending better than pretty much any prospect we've had on D since Kronwall. And taking age into consideration, he's ahead of Kronner too.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Yeah I agree. Nevertheless the main point was that Hronek's offensive game is so far trending better than pretty much any prospect we've had on D since Kronwall. And taking age into consideration, he's ahead of Kronner too.

Yep, I was agreeing with you if I didnt make it clear! BS to consider last year his rookie pro season and try to compar it to Kronwalls actual one in NA, especially considering the age difference. Stupid way to discredit what Hronek is doing or to make Kronwall seem better than he was.

TheMule93

May 26, 2015
Ontario
he has decent hands right? We really need some dmen with skill, every one of our current D except Green has stone hands and cant create anything.

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
How is Hronek's skating?

Skating forwards he is pretty strong. Weakness is skating backwards as forwards here in the AHL catching him flat-footed at times and blows by Hronek on the defensive end.

This is Hronek rookie season here in the AHL and yes he played some games last season in GR after Saginaw season was over under a amateur contract.

Kronwall was much better overall d-man here in GR, thus winning the AHL Eddie Shore (best d-man) award and 1st AHL All-Star team on D for 2004-05 season. Hronek has great offensive skill and produces points here, but his defensive game needs work in order to be a great d-man and make it in the NHL. Time will tell if that happens. He is make strides in that area and I hope he does make it there.

Reactions: TheMule93

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Yeah, developmentally there is a huge difference between a 20 year old defenseman and a 22/23 year old defenseman. So I'm sure Kronwall was more polished, but having similar outputs despite the gap in age is very good for Hronek.

I like that Hronek is being challenged early and is in the AHL at a young age. I think next year he should be given a chance to play in Detroit, as long as he has a big summer and gets a bit stronger. At absolute worst I am thinking he is a regular by the start of 19-20 (still would be 21). Most of the good defenseman in the league weren't in the AHL past 21, if memory serves correctly.

Mister Ed

Dec 21, 2008
Kronwall was much better overall d-man here in GR, thus winning the AHL Eddie Shore (best d-man) award and 1st AHL All-Star team on D for 2004-05 season. Hronek has great offensive skill and produces points here, but his defensive game needs work in order to be a great d-man and make it in the NHL. Time will tell if that happens. He is make strides in that area and I hope he does make it there.

Hronek already has 26 pts / 43 games when Kronwall has 13 pts in 26 games, so the production is close. I hope to see him surpass Kronwall next year!

Lampedampe

Feb 26, 2015
Wasn't Kronwall like 1-2 years older? So you'd definitely expect him to be a more complete player, since he was also playing in a more strucuted league before coming to the AHL and also more physically mature.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad