Hows Malkin?

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
I was just asking a question with no shitting on the guy. Is he getting slow or what? He still has one of the best hands in the whole league.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
He's old and slow in a young and fast league.

Elite players never lose their IQ, but I think next season his ES time should be reduced and make him the trigger man on the PP, dude still has an absolute bomb of a one timer.

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
He's old and slow in a young and fast league.

Elite players never lose their IQ, but I think next season his ES time should be reduced and make him the trigger man on the PP, dude still has an absolute bomb of a one timer.
Oh, I kinda get it. Its sad, am getting old. Is he any good on the faceoffs or defense if his offense is kinda gone? Hope hes gona rip em more!

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Among people drafted 2005 of before

Crosby..: 84 pts
Kopitar.: 66 pts
Pavelski: 63 pts
Ovechkin: 62 pts
Malkin..: 59 pts
Letang..: 48 pts
Burns...: 40 pts

Played a lot this year and the last for the first time in forvever... anyone still going on that list are special.

Last edited:

Tupu

Dec 20, 2012
Kopitar and Pavelski always make me wonder, how they do it? They was playing against peak Datsyuk, Zetterberg and Lidström. Those two always made impact. Wtf still going strong.

Reactions: KrisLetAngry

MadLuke

Jan 18, 2011
Pavelski lead the legendary 2003 draft in regular season pts (and I imagine0playoff as well, 139 is higher than Getzlaf-Perry-Bergeron the big suspects.

Who thinks that after the 2013 short season ?

Dirty Dan

Saturday Night Lupul
May 5, 2010
in ur crease
Wtf man, Im getting just over my 35's and feeling just the best time of my life. Why whining about someones age?
Did you play 82 games a year plus constant conditioning? Would destroy your body

Now factor in major injuries

Athlethes may be healthier than the general public due to nutrition and health care access but sports do a fair amount of damage too

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
His demise has been greatly exaggerated. He's not nearly what he once was, but consider this: He's 42nd in league scoring amongst centers.

If we take the premise that there's 32 teams in the league and therefore should be 32 players that qualify as first line centers, then we can see that by being 42nd in scoring Malkin is scoring at a pretty good 2c rate.

It's a far cry from his hall of famer prime but he's not exactly Jeff Carter out there either. He's still producing well in his role. He's just not dominating any more.

stephenball

Jan 7, 2018
It’s funny, the other day watching the Caps-Penguins game I said to my father that it’s wild how much less of a factor Malkin feels now compared to how it used to be (to be fair I said that’s probably how Ovechkin feels to fans of other teams). That man was a true terror for so long, but yeah, time can catch up to you.

That being said, it does feel like his decline seems harsher than it really is, partially because he was SO good, and partially because he plays on a team with Sidney Crosby who is still basically a hockey god even as he ages, makes you look worse in comparison.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Among people drafted 2005 of before

Crosby..: 84 pts
Kopitar.: 66 pts
Pavelski: 63 pts
Ovechkin: 62 pts
Malkin..: 59 pts
Letang..: 48 pts
Burns...: 40 pts

Played a lot this year and the last for the first time in forvever... anyone still going on that list are special.
Interesting.

I would also argue, among the forwards, Malkin has the worst linemates of them all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad