WWE: How would you book Alexa Bliss to retain her championship against Ronda Rousey at Summerslam?

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
So Summerslam is just around the corner and lovely Alexa Bliss is putting her Championship on the line against the dominant Ronda Rousey. But I think we can all agree that it's too soon to put the Championship on Ronda since she just debuted and a lot of people were concerned that she would be pushed to the moon and make all the other women irrelevant. I mean you don't want Ronda to turn into another Roman Reigns. Therefore Alexa Bliss must retain.

But the Problem becomes how do you do it? You can't have Alexa beat Ronda clean because that would make Ronda look weak. And we've seen a disqualification way too many times already. Could we have some of the other UFC women in the WWE turn on Ronda and help Alexa get the win? How about setting up a vicious beatdown of Ronda before the match to give Alexa an advantage? Personally I'd love to see WWE bring back the lead pipe and have Alexa beat up Ronda from behind to get an advantage, while the referee is out.

So how would you book Alexa to retain at Summerslam?

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I wouldn't.

But I dunno. If we have to keep the belt on Alexa. I'd have her take one toss or something and just outright leave.

Or turn Nia Jax heel again and have her do a run in.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That's easy... and IMO very possibly what will happen.

Alexa does something underhanded, Ronda losses her cool and either gets herself DQ'd or they both get counted out as Ronda gives Alexa a beat down on the outside.

The other option is Mickie does something minor, like grab Ronda's foot and she beats up Mickie on the outside until she gets counted out.

The reason I say it is very possible is the fact that they have been painting Ronda as a bit of a loose cannon that has trouble controlling her emotions.

Last edited:
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Women are about to have their own PPV. They need a champ who’s actually good to walk in and have a great match. Enter Ronda.

Alexa shouldn’t be retaining.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I could see Alexa getting dq'd or something and have them drag out this till Evolution and have Ronda win the belt then. Classic WWE, dragging out feuds for months

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Pretty easy, you drum up the experience factor. Bliss being a "veteran" in the business and Rousey being the rookie. Then do a DQ angle where Rousey inadvertently gets herself a DQ.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
It would probably be Nia Jax interference that ultimately costs Rousey the match by missing Bliss and hitting her with a chair for a disqualification. That's how it was for years and years at least.

PBandJ

If it didn't happen in the 80's, it didn't happen
Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton, Alberta
They're about to have the first all women PPV, so they need to keep it on Bliss who is 100 times the talent Rousey will ever hope to be, and has consistently worked a full time schedule unlike Rousey. Alexa should be pinning her in the middle of the ring, but they gotta protect their newest Bella sister, so a DQ will suffice.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Ronda destroys Alexa Bliss for the most part. As Ronda is closing in, Natalya attacks Rousey causing the DQ and Alexa retains

robbie111

Nov 10, 2013
The old Stampede Wrestling finish where Rotten Ron Starr beat Bill Kaszmeir. Rag full of chloroform.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
She has to drop it at SS so they can run a real championship match at Evolution.

Wish they turned Sasha or Bayley heel ages ago so they could run Ronda vs a heel horsewoman at that PPV in a real money match. The heel situation on RAW is garbage.

Hawks4life

Apr 3, 2011
Run in most likely..putting Rousey in the title picture so early is not the move I would have made but wwe is going to wwe and run to the finish line before starting th me race.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Steph interferes/causes distraction with her new enforcer Awesome Kong/Kharma as retribution for Mania/Raw after Mania. Sets up tag match for Evolution, Ronda with Natalya or perhaps Shayna if they don't plan on having an NXT Women's title defense on the show? GLOW gets some short term publicity with Awesome Kong.

Reactions: Mike Louis

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
So Summerslam is just around the corner and lovely Alexa Bliss is putting her Championship on the line against the dominant Ronda Rousey. But I think we can all agree that it's too soon to put the Championship on Ronda since she just debuted and a lot of people were concerned that she would be pushed to the moon and make all the other women irrelevant. I mean you don't want Ronda to turn into another Roman Reigns. Therefore Alexa Bliss must retain.

But the Problem becomes how do you do it? You can't have Alexa beat Ronda clean because that would make Ronda look weak. And we've seen a disqualification way too many times already. Could we have some of the other UFC women in the WWE turn on Ronda and help Alexa get the win? How about setting up a vicious beatdown of Ronda before the match to give Alexa an advantage? Personally I'd love to see WWE bring back the lead pipe and have Alexa beat up Ronda from behind to get an advantage, while the referee is out.

So how would you book Alexa to retain at Summerslam?

Funny thing about internet booking is nobody is allowed to be pinned clean because it makes the loser look weak.

I see no reason why you can't start an underdog story with her and just have her lose clean. She can go on talking about how WWE is so different from UFC and that she wasn't ready. She's going to start taking things more seriously, show vignettes with her training with other women wrestlers. You can start a feud with a heel trash talking her in the locker room or something and build up from there. Then you can have her win the women's royal rumble and take the title at Wrestlemania. Or if that's too soon, just set up a championship at a later date and show how serious she has taken wrestling since her loss to Bliss at Summerslam.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
Funny thing about internet booking is nobody is allowed to be pinned clean because it makes the loser look weak.

I see no reason why you can't start an underdog story with her and just have her lose clean. She can go on talking about how WWE is so different from UFC and that she wasn't ready. She's going to start taking things more seriously, show vignettes with her training with other women wrestlers. You can start a feud with a heel trash talking her in the locker room or something and build up from there. Then you can have her win the women's royal rumble and take the title at Wrestlemania. Or if that's too soon, just set up a championship at a later date and show how serious she has taken wrestling since her loss to Bliss at Summerslam.

Would not work with Ronda. Her whole appeal is being an ass kicker; the baddest woman on the planet. That's literally the whole draw.

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
The problem is once you put the title on Rousey, who beats her? Asuka?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad