How Will You Watch/Not Watch Game 7?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
japan_hak1.jpg

donosaur

Nov 28, 2011
Going to watch the entire thing on hockeystreams and browsing the board between commercials. I'm going to eat chili picante Corn Nuts--if I run out of nuts and the Caps are losing with no hopes of a win then I'll go play some NHL 15 and live out what could have been.

Govechkin

Nov 10, 2010
My father is a Red Sox fan. So was his father, who passed away in '96 at the age of 93. I was born in '86, the year of Bill Buckner. Talk about a sad team to root for. The two of them must have shared so many games and series of heartbreak, my measley 18 years with the Caps must pale in comparison. They were lifers, and with the Caps, so am I.

There will be series after this one. There will be other games. When I wake up tomorrow, I will still be a Caps fan, no matter what. With a competent GM and the young talent we have up and coming, I have no doubt the Caps will be a fun team to watch. Every year, every sport, brings something new. Heartbreak, jubilance, anxiety, exuberance, and everything in between. At the end of the day, the teams go home. They prepare for the next one. Its what they do. Its what we do. Its part of being a fan. So for all you nervous fans out there, just remember, there will be hockey again. Maybe it won't be in Tampa Bay. Maybe it will. But there will be hockey. And we will love it. And one day, we will hoist the cup. And when we do, we can take time to remember, remember each heartbreak, each setback, each travesty, each sadness, and we will say, "I've been waiting for this, waiting because I believed. I always believed. And now, we are at the top of the mountain. And the view is amazing."

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I'd love to NOT watch it. But I am way too invested in DC sports teams. Sometimes I wish I weren't.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Good for you. You are a stronger person than me. I will likely go for a long walk.

Yeah, I've often thought about turning it off when it goes wrong. But I've never gone through with it. Probably because I'm one of those fans who always think the players care far more than anybody else. As long as they're playing in this game, I'm watching. (In the regular season though, I watch on demand the next day a lot.)

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Haven't watched a lick since the rangers tied it up with under 2 minutes left in game 5 because I could predict the narrative at the point and just knew it was going to 7 games at that point. But hey I did vote the series would go to 7 than there is that.

I'll watch the game but I am not really emotionally invested after all the 2-0 or 3-1 series leads that have been choked away for this reason or that. Game 7s are just coin flip games in my mind.

Come on man we need you!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad